• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queuing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    If passengers only boarded with one piece of hand luggage that would help

Most of my medication goes in my hold luggage - I always have 1 week's medication in my hand luggage.

Jewellery is not an issue for me but curious if anyone has asked their travel insurance provider if they would be covered if they were compelled to place jewellery in the hold against their wishes?

Annie
    Hi Annie why on earth would you put medicines in hold luggage,,,it's the last place i would put it.
    Sheer inconvenience of getting it replaced would be enough for me.

As for jewellery,,,if its in your hand luggage (it should be) and your bag is chosen to go in the hold,,,they give you a bag to put medicines and valuables in,,,,,,,,but not the kitchen sink i have witnessed being carried in some hand luggage.

JC

JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi Annie why on earth would you put medicines in hold luggage,,,it's the last place i would put it.
      Sheer inconvenience of getting it replaced would be enough for me.

As for jewellery,,,if its in your hand luggage (it should be) and your bag is chosen to go in the hold,,,they give you a bag to put medicines and valuables in,,,,,,,,but not the kitchen sink i have witnessed being carried in some hand luggage.

JC

JC
      Hi JC

Quantity wise for my average length of trip - 28 days. Available readily OTC. I split medication between hand and hold luggage.

Annie

PS no worries re jewellery- don't wear any not even a watch
      Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 1st December 2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
        There is still no way my jewellery is going in the hold. Alan travelled regularly for business and his bags were mislaid many times. Usually they were returned within a few days, but on one occasion it took six weeks and a claim for several thousand pounds before the bags were located. If I had to unpack it and wear it all, so be it!
        Hi Judith.
        As i said,your jewellery won't be going in the hold,,,,they give you a bag to put your valuables in to take into the cabin.
        Then again it depends on how much jewellery you take!!!!
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
          Hi Judith.
          As i said,your jewellery won't be going in the hold,,,,they give you a bag to put your valuables in to take into the cabin.
          Then again it depends on how much jewellery you take!!!!
          JC
          All of it! Despite having a burglar alarm and always having house sitters we were broken into while we were away. I take everything with me. I need my contact lens stuff, Alan needs his asthma medication, plus the aspirin for long haul. I wish the airlines would just restrict the size of carry on bags then there would be room for everyone.

Comment

I would never put medication in the hold. Apart from the inconvenience of replacing it the cost would be extortionate if I had to buy it on a ship. Just to replace on lot of tablets on my recent P&O cruise was going to cost £50 to see the doctor plus the cost of the prescription. I decided to take the risk and wait until we got to the first port where I got in in a pharmacy for a few euros. If some the tablets I take went missing I doubt I would even be able to buy them. I rarely take expensive jewellery on holiday but when I do I wear it.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X