• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise ship buffets.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all
    A bit of topic,,but for those who like to lunch ashore and eat seafood here is a great bar I found in Malaga a couple of weeks ago.
    A beer for €2 and a plate of Mussels for €6,a real local place,,,,down the street opposite Central Market.
    A glass of local Malaga wines=€1.5.

Bodeguita La Mar de Bueno
    +34 952 21 26 25
    https://goo.gl/maps/KGDNjWDVbmNqLD549

JC
    Thanks for the heads up JC, but unfortunately on this occasion I will probably only see Malaga from the window of a transfer bus.

If you or anyone else knows of similar in Valencia, Cartagena or Palma it will be gratefully received.............Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I guess when my face started to go red and itch again after the third overdone 'shrimp' encounter, I realised shrimp'n me had to practice social distancing with the odd hug every now and then with Aunty Histamine keeping a close watch on proceedings!
      πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

That's why I call my little problem intolerance rather than allergy. I can have a small amount but always have US Benadryl with me just in case when I think I might encounter a prawn. It's brought over by my Boston friend whenever she comes for a visit.. The active compound is different from the UK Benadryl.
        On my list for the States when we get there again, OH has all sorts of allergies.

Comment

Originally posted by Clowi, Oxfordshire View Post

On my list for the States when we get there again, OH has all sorts of allergies.
          Oh how the times change.

Many years ago, when the US$ was 2 to the Β£, our shopping aim was Ralph Lauren and Nike for starters and when Eaton's had their closing down sale at the Eaton Center [we were there, how lucky was that!!!] in Toronto, an extra suitcase to put all the shopping in as the exchange rate was great, in our favour and the sale prices, amazing.

Now we head straight for Walgreens or CVC for meds and that fabulous store Walmart, for La Roche Posey and Neutrogena sun screen.

Comment

Oh how the times change.

Many years ago, when the US$ was 2 to the Β£, our shopping aim was Ralph Lauren and Nike for starters and when Eaton's had their closing down sale at the Eaton Center [we were there, how lucky was that!!!] in Toronto, an extra suitcase to put all the shopping in as the exchange rate was great, in our favour and the sale prices, amazing.

Now we head straight for Walgreens or CVC for meds and that fabulous store Walmart, for La Roche Posey and Neutrogena sun screen.
            Even with the rates as they are we were(2019) still finding decent wearables.

Our Boston trips would include multiple visits to the clearance sections(they get replenished regularly).
            Outlet mall for Levis, Merrell, TImberland, and a few others.
            this is the one we go to.

The department stores for branded stuff,
            Macy's having the biggest selections and cheapest prices if you got lucky on sizing.
            Lord and Taylor has provided much of my Tommy B collection

For what is in effect disposable underwear, Target and Walmart for Fruit of the loom and Hanes multi packs.

One of our go to brands GH Bass(part of the GIII group) have shut all their stores, on-line only or through other retailers..

Could not resist buying stuff, now have far too much of everything.
            Next trip going to have to show restraint on everything except footwear as worn out a couple with extra walking

Comment

I know the place well. Premium Outlets and I are very well acquainted although you have to know what you're buying as some sell 'made for outlet' products which is OK, but often of lesser quality.

My go to store in Boston used to be Filene's. Loved rummaging around and always found something.

Comment

When I’m on holiday I very rarely visit the big shops. I will go to an outlet store, if in the US, but that’s usually only to visit the Levi’s store for jeans for my grandson. I hate shopping anywhere but especially while on holiday.
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X