• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy burgers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch time, I often order a burger on Victoria, then discard all the fries, bread and trimmings and eat it with a salad. I do the same at home [in house it's M&S Aberdeen Angus best].

That's healthy enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
      Lunch time, I often order a burger on Victoria, then discard all the fries, bread and trimmings and eat it with a salad. I do the same at home [in house it's M&S Aberdeen Angus best].

That's healthy enough for me.
      I have done the same Mrs M, but not often as there is always something else I fancy more. I'm reminded of an American lady, travelling alone, but with an elderly fience in Oz. she was going to meet his daughters, who were only a bit younger than she was. She was anxious to look her best and not gain weight, so she counted six fries with her burger! I hope it helped.

PS we saw her again last year with her now husband, aged 85.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

I have done the same Mrs M, but not often as there is always something else I fancy more. I'm reminded of an American lady, travelling alone, but with an elderly fience in Oz. she was going to meet his daughters, who were only a bit younger than she was. She was anxious to look her best and not gain weight, so she counted six fries with her burger! I hope it helped.

PS we saw her again last year with her now husband, aged 85.
        Well I'm a salad nut at lunchtime and avoid anything else. An occasional burger, grilled salmon or grilled chicken adds a little protein without adding too many calories.

Can't have done too badly as my weight gain over five weeks onboard was just 3 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Well I'm a salad nut at lunchtime and avoid anything else. An occasional burger, grilled salmon or grilled chicken adds a little protein without adding too many calories.

Can't have done too badly as my weight gain over five weeks onboard was just 3 lbs!
          You did better than. I did! Five weeks on board, gained 5 lbs. hope I can so it again!

Comment

I use 5% mince season then add either chilli or lea and perrins, A brioche bun which is put on the griddle then the burgers, Delicious.!
            Hubby likes my minced lamb with mint mixed in with it . Jan.

Comment

I go up/down 2kg+ a day depending on input and output alway lightest in the morning after.....
              A few beers can add kg before the seal is broken.

Comment

I very rarely bought burgers for many years, but some time ago i discovered a firm in Scotland called Donald Russell, and I send orders on line. All their products are very good,and I tried their beefburgers. They are larger than many shop ones,and are really delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
                  Recently bought an air fryer so am trying out different foods in that to see how it goes. Last night was some burgers (Tesco finest 1/4 pounders which we have tried before), and they definitely tasted better out the fryer
                  I tried an air fryer a couple of months ago after hearing great things. I bought it from QVC so I knew I could send it back in 30 days no quibble if I didn't like it. We tried a few different things but it went back after a couple of weeks. I much prefer the oven or pans I use already.
                  BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post

I tried an air fryer a couple of months ago after hearing great things. I bought it from QVC so I knew I could send it back in 30 days no quibble if I didn't like it. We tried a few different things but it went back after a couple of weeks. I much prefer the oven or pans I use already.
                    I am finding it much easier and quicker than the oven or pans, and probably cheaper. So far so good. Never eat chips at home. fat fryer binned a long time ago and cannot stand oven chips, however they are good in the air fryer. Bacon was better than pan although I have not mastered the fried egg....yet.
                    Got a chorizo quiche ready to go in after the football.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X