• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy burgers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy burgers?

The topic on foie gras reminded me of the "speciality" burger on Seabourn ships which had foie gras as a garnish. It made the bun soggy and was discontinued ages ago. Recently burgers have become leaner and considered more healthy. Also less appetising! Our American friend recommended his version, named a 'Jim burger' by the waiters. It consists of the usual burger and bun, with a slice of Parmesan and a fried egg. I didn't try it myself, but Alan ordered it a few times.

Having a high iron content means I am not allowed to eat red meat(amongst other things), so burgers are off limits.

Recently after some research, I found Beyond Meat vegan burgers at Tesco. They are actually quite good but need a lot of cooking. They only down side is they are £5.50 for two, but hey! it's like eating meat.

Stewart

Comment

I’ve been using the Marks and Spencer “best ever burger” for our BBQ’s but after a recent spot of rain I had to cook them indoors. Dearie me, the amount of fat that was in the frying pan would frighten you.

Comment

As I cannot seem to post a new thread on the forum, I want to ask a question which is related to food somewhat, we are on the Explorer of the seas 14th May and my husband now needs a scooter whilst on board does anyone know if we will be able to take it into the dining room, we have asked for a table for 2 and I have heard you can only take a scooter into the dining room if you are on a big table, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Start, OXTED View Post
          As I cannot seem to post a new thread on the forum, I want to ask a question which is related to food somewhat, we are on the Explorer of the seas 14th May and my husband now needs a scooter whilst on board does anyone know if we will be able to take it into the dining room, we have asked for a table for 2 and I have heard you can only take a scooter into the dining room if you are on a big table, any ideas?
          I could start the thread for you.

However I suggest you telephone Royal's Special Services Team on 01932 - 834243 and ask the question.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
            I’ve been using the Marks and Spencer “best ever burger” for our BBQ’s but after a recent spot of rain I had to cook them indoors. Dearie me, the amount of fat that was in the frying pan would frighten you.
            I always make my own burgers using Tesco mince. I don’t use the lean stuff because the burgers taste like hockey pucks! Yes, the amount of fat running off is frightening, but at least it runs off. I don’t add anything to the meat except for some nice cheddar near the end of cooking if we fancy a cheeseburger.

Take care, Helen🍔

Comment

We only have burgers in BBQ season and not often then. I make my own with lean ground beef and they are quite tasty. Daughter in law likes store bought veggie burgers, but I don't, so when she is with us I buy salmon burgers, which we both enjoy. The rest of the family like beef, topped with cheese and tomato. Tomato and mayonnaise go well with salmon burgers.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                'Best' in food terms often means taste from more fat, salt and/or sugar!
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Well over the years I've had a few burgers, and my absolute favourite is a McDonalds Big Mac ............................................Carol

Comment

We make our own using 5% fat mince and add a few flavourings depending how we feel maybe chese or chilli

Comment

Recently bought an air fryer so am trying out different foods in that to see how it goes. Last night was some burgers (Tesco finest 1/4 pounders which we have tried before), and they definitely tasted better out the fryer

Comment

Celebrity do pretty good ones on their out door grill. At home I usually buy Waitrose ones. In the bbq season they do some flavoured ones. "Applewood" is my favourite.

Comment

I had a fabulous burger a couple of weeks ago at a pub restaurant in Old Portsmouth. It was a posh burger of course but really really good.
                          BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

"Great food guys" made a burger from chopped meat not mince looked great need to try it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003y36

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post
                              I had a fabulous burger a couple of weeks ago at a pub restaurant in Old Portsmouth. It was a posh burger of course but really really good.
                              A good burger is an absolute delight, on cruise ships the best we have had have been on Viking.

A bit like sausages the mix of meat, spices and breadcrumbs etc has to be just right.

John

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X