• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many entrees do you order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

I would say overeating for prolonged periods is not good for anyone. The more weight you carry the more strain on your health.
    I don't disagree about health. I was taking about the concept of 'waste' on a ship.

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
    The food is sitting there plated under a heat lamp whether anyone orders it or not..............Wilba

Exactly!
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 4th March 2019, 11:03 PM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
      Interesting- I thought that "entrée" was a starter in Europe, and main in North America?
      Yet we all seem to be talking about starters and main courses on here...does the wording confuse any of you when you're on an American ship? Because I would have automatically read entrée as a starter- which I did when I read the title of this.
      Yes, I have a starter, and a main, but probably not a pudding!
      Most of my cruising experience has been on American cruise lines.

Annie

Comment

Some people are just greedy or like to show off.I was on a cruise and was put with a party of Americans at dinner. I could not believe what one guy ordered. 3 starters,2 main courses followed by 3 desserts.When I looked in amazement he said to me "are you British" Yes I replied.Ah he said you British cannot eat like us Americans.Sadly he could not stop going on about how well he could eat and how much.Somehow I felt a challenge coming on as this guy was so sure of himself. I ordered 3 starters,2 mains 5 desserts followed by cheese and biscuits.
        He stopped after the first dessert..I ate everything and washed it down with a good pint of John Smiths.Could not resist saying to him "it seems that we Brits can eat as well as you and more
        Needless to say he or his party did not appear at my table again

Comment

I just have 1 starter, 1 main,and 1 dessert, try to eat healthy food and sensible portions.Coming up to 79 years of age and still working and enjoying life.Try to grow as much veg as possible at home .No nasty chemicals in my home or my food.

Comment

With the move to anytime dining food is often plated to order so does not hang around as long as it might have with fixed.

Using menu as a list of ingredients can assist getting your food plated to order.

Comment

I usually have two starters but never the soup, I also like a salad with my main meal unless iim having a vegetarian meal , I don't have dessert very often.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X