• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many entrees do you order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many entrees do you order?

Hi All

OK honest now - how many entrees do you normally order?

Picked up from cc.

HAL are conducting 2 different trials on a few ships with a view to introduce a $10 surcharge on each additional entree ordered in the MDR by an individual.

The reaction on cc is an entertaining read.

Thoughts

Annie

Just the 1 for me 😜

Comment

None for me.

I am satisfied with a main course and some ice cream afterwards. I quite often sit through my table companions working through several courses before the main course arrives. I cannot see the point of any dishes before the main course. When the waiter arrives and takes my order, sometimes they recheck to see if they have it right, that I don't want anything and then they get used to me and then give me extra ice cream afterwards, as they know that is my weakness.
      Last edited by lucy, sutton; 3rd March 2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

If they want to fix the food waste they need to go smaller portions and let people order more.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          If they want to fix the food waste they need to go smaller portions and let people order more.
          Thanks TD but many North Americans state the reason they place multiple entree orders is because the portion size is too small...... For them.

On HAL, from noon onwards between the Lido and the MDR there is a minimum 4 meal services on a sea day.

Thanks for pointing out that this charge is to discourage food waste. However in the Lido, there is no levy on extra orders placed.

Go figure as they say.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
            Or perhaps people should be mindful what they are eating and not order more. There is always too much food on a cruise to choose from. The problem is I don't see many people eating normally on a cruise and often seeing how much they can eat in one go.

Comment

Have the passengers not paid for all the food on-board? If they choose to eat it all, is that a problem?
              See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Only 1, never more.

Comment

Only one main course, but always have appetiser and soup or salad. Rarely have any dessert. One woman at our table once was so indecisive over choosing her dessert, the waiter in desperation brought her all of them.

Comment

ONLY EVER ONE but very occasionally will have dessert and cheese/ biscuits !!!!!

Comment

Only one ,but I do like starters...… my eyes are not bigger than my belly

Carol
                      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

One, but have been tempted by 2 starters rather than starter and or soup salad.

John

Comment

Never had two mains but often have two starters as my meal. Rarely have puds.

Comment

Never had more than one main but have been known on occasion to have two desserts!

Comment

Al people will need to do is order one, eat some of it and say they don't like, what are they going charge then?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X