• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powdered Eggs in Omelets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powdered Eggs in Omelets

Hi All

I read in the other place that HAL admits to using powdered egg when making omelette/scrambled egg when ordered through room service.

Would you taste the difference??

BTW I am egg intolerant so no biggie for me but I find that info disappointing.

Annie

To my knowledge I've never had powdered eggs.

I've had bad eggs before though. Perhaps they were bad because they were powdered? 🤷🏼*♂️
    Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

I dont know if I have had powdered egg or not, I dont like the scrambled eggs in buffets so maybe that's why.? Jan.

Comment

They usually make the omelets fresh, so you can see them cracking the eggs. I agree with Jan though, I don't like the scrambled egg either, so that could be why! .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
          They usually make the omelets fresh, so you can see them cracking the eggs. I agree with Jan though, I don't like the scrambled egg either, so that could be why! .................................................. .........Carol
          You go collect your orders for room service!

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

You go collect your orders for room service!
            Whoops sorry, didn't read that bit properly .................................................. .................................................. ..Carol

Comment

I have coeliac disease so the concern for me with powdered eggs is if any of these ingredients would be added during the manufacturing process. I would never have thought to ask if scrambled eggs were gluten free when dining out but from now on I may have to!

Comment

I am not coeliac but very intolerant to gluten. I saw this somewhere last year and somebody asked P&O and they said that scrambled eggs were made from the powdered eggs and were not gluten free.

Val

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsb, Essex View Post
                  I am not coeliac but very intolerant to gluten. I saw this somewhere last year and somebody asked P&O and they said that scrambled eggs were made from the powdered eggs and were not gluten free.

Val
                  That really has caught me off guard! Thank you for letting me know, I suppose you can never be too cautious when it comes to allergies.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X