• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

168 units of alcohol: just an average week on a cruise ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    The only lager I really enjoy is Carlsberg in draught. The only draught lager that travels well - JMO.
    Annie
    Lager drink of last resort......

Tennents travels, although the days it travelled in decorative cans are well behind us I think, not seen one for a while)

The cruise lines seem to think Amstel and Boddingtons can be stuck anywhere

For a lot of lines the 1/4 keg portable unit is the thing they like to use so that can limit the draft beers.

Comment

I'm sure PandO did pints of Stella, on NCL Jade they had really large cans of Fosters, they must have been a pint and half at least

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
        I'm sure PandO did pints of Stella, on NCL Jade they had really large cans of Fosters, they must have been a pint and half at least
        They sold pints of draft Boddington on Azura in the Glass house...Taffy
        ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
          RCI also do the large Fosters can called the oil can. At 24.5 oz it is , as you say, about a pint & half.

Comment

I'd hate to see the poor ****** who's having my share on a cruise, I don't think I've drunk 168 units in my life! (yes.... I know .... lightweight!)

Comment

Ah I see B ugger has joined the asterisk list!

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
                Ah I see B ugger has joined the asterisk list!
                Having been brought up with that as "normal" word used by my granddad I have never got used to it being censored

Some part of the UK the "C" word is used to just mean a person and in context is often positive, like some one would use mate, buddy....

Comment

Boddies isn't the same since they stopped brewing it at Strangeways. The 'Cream of Manchester'. They must be having a laugh.

Cheers, NOT!
                  Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
                    I'd hate to see the poor ****** who's having my share on a cruise, I don't think I've drunk 168 units in my life! (yes.... I know .... lightweight!)
                    I was thinking the same thing RB ,we often have a dry night ?
                    I have had a drink (Beer) in the afternoon but only the one ,a couple of drinks in the Elite club and sometimes a glass of wine with our meal .
                    often a drink after the theatre .
                    I have meet the man who drunk my share though ,never saw him without a glass of red in his had at any time during the day.Taffy
                    ​Taffy

Comment

Hubby enjoys his Stella on P&O, (which becomes Banks beer sailing from Barbados around the Caribbean and he says is equally good). I enjoy drinking cocktails on our cruises as they're not something we usually have at home. It's too much expense/effort collecting all those special syrups/liqueurs which each different recipe requires, only for them to remain hidden at the back of the sideboard as the novelty wears off.

The only cocktail which we ever make for ourselves from time to time at home is a mojito. It's a fairly straightforward recipe but even so, all that bashing ice cubes in a freezer bag with a rolling pin, is never as enjoyable as sat on a bar stool of a cruise ship watching an expert barman preparing it for you.

Comment

Oh dear! I think I'm drinking someone's share. I've had two glasses of champagne before I reach the suite, then the stewardess appears with another one. Typical day: mimosa mid morning (mostly orange juice); piña colada pre- lunch; wine with lunch; cocktail of the day mid afternoon; Tio Pepe before dinner; wine with dinner; a couple of cocktails after dinner. Interspersed with lots of iced water and occasional cola. This is only on a cruise, at home I share a bottle of wine with my husband at Sunday dinner and that's it. Judith

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing RB ,we often have a dry night ?
                          I have had a drink (Beer) in the afternoon but only the one ,a couple of drinks in the Elite club and sometimes a glass of wine with our meal .
                          often a drink after the theatre .
                          I have meet the man who drunk my share though ,never saw him without a glass of red in his had at any time during the day.Taffy
                          Most of my nights are dry (Alcohol wise) when at home, but never have a dry night on holiday.

Having read a number of reviews and threads which include on board weekly spends, these reported daily consumptions of Alcohol are rather modest for a lot of cruisers.

Not me I would add, a few glasses of wine in the evenings when on holiday, starting at dinner, are normally my limit, normally don't touch spirits or beer.

Tell a lie, at the recent Harwich Sea Festival, it was a baking hot day, and I had pint of larger, the only one so far this year.

Mind you I would rather have been cooling off like these people, photo taken on the day. I suspect there was some Alcohol not far away though

Sent from my iPad
                          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 9th August 2014, 11:24 AM.
                          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                            Oh dear! I think I'm drinking someone's share. I've had two glasses of champagne before I reach the suite, then the stewardess appears with another one. Typical day: mimosa mid morning (mostly orange juice); piña colada pre- lunch; wine with lunch; cocktail of the day mid afternoon; Tio Pepe before dinner; wine with dinner; a couple of cocktails after dinner. Interspersed with lots of iced water and occasional cola. This is only on a cruise, at home I share a bottle of wine with my husband at Sunday dinner and that's it. Judith
                            Confession is good for the soul Judith - good for you. You are on holiday. As you say you don't drink that every day.

Medics are more concerned about people drinking upwards of half a bottle of wine every day - I think you are still well behind some of the leaders.

From the angrymail:

Don't have a drink two days running: Latest advice from health quango sparks accusations of 'nanny state' meddling | Mail Online

BTW when cruising I drink most days

Annie
                            Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 9th August 2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Wow, and I thought I drank like a fish on holiday.

168 divided by 7 =24.

24 units...A DAY!!! [I'm good at Maths ]

I'd be prostrate with a hangover of immense proportions by the second day which meant I'd be dry the third day which means I'd have to consume even MORE the third day to keep up which would probably lay me out for the next two days...

168 units? What a waste of a cruise!

Comment

Hi Pippa
                                Have to agree with you, I do like a pint of "Banks" only place we drink cocktails is in the Caribbean because of the reasonable price.
                                Roll on 28/02/15 and our next cruise on Ventura. Happy cruising to all.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X