• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dining times on Cunard ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dining times on Cunard ...

Just wondered if people think Cunard will keep the fixed dining in Britannia class in the long term?
    I realise it's a very traditional sort of line and we absolutely loved it, but since the ship has a 2 tier restaurant it would surely be possible to have "fixed" downstairs and keep the higher deck for "anytime".
    Maybe they feel it would spoil the ambience, but it does seem to be the way most ships are going now ....
    What does anyone else think??

Cheers,
    Lynn

What a great idea Lynn. We have just come back from a cruise on Victoria. This was our first time with Cunard, and were very surprised that first sitting in Britannia was so early (18.00h.) It would be really great if they could have the upper level of Britannia for anytime dining. Personally I don't like fixed dining - it's usually too early or too late. Overall we were very happy with Cunard and will certainly sail them again.

Beryl

Comment

I have always booked late sitting and never fancied 'my time' dining.

However I have just returned from the QM2 and decided to change to early sitting as it seemed to fit into the celebrations better.In truth it was far too early to get ready and eat for me but the advantage was we had a full evening after dinner, which made a lovely change.

So after many years maybe I would consider 'anytime' and dine at a time that suited depending on what I wanted to do. But then I suppose the best option would be to just book the grills :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Patience32, Devon View Post
        I have always booked late sitting and never fancied 'my time' dining.

However I have just returned from the QM2 and decided to change to early sitting as it seemed to fit into the celebrations better.In truth it was far too early to get ready and eat for me but the advantage was we had a full evening after dinner, which made a lovely change.

So after many years maybe I would consider 'anytime' and dine at a time that suited depending on what I wanted to do. But then I suppose the best option would be to just book the grills :-)
        The cheaper option is Britannia Club on the Q.M & Q.E single sitting from 18.30 / 21.00.
        ]

Comment

When we were on Queen Elizabeth last month there was "anytime" dining, 6.30pm to 9pm in the Britannia Club restaurant.
          Looking at our latest brochure, it is also available on QM2.
          You pay more for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tuggy, warminster View Post
            The cheaper option is Britannia Club on the Q.M & Q.E single sitting from 18.30 / 21.00.

We looked at booking Britannia club as we are not too keen on fixed dining but on the sailing we are going on it was more expensive than Princess Grill! We have opted for late sitting at 8.30 so we will see how we get on. It is a long time since we have had fixed dining. Just come back from my time dining on RCI and the last twice we have sailed with Cunard we were in Queens grill so didnt have to choose a time. I think it is a great idea to introduce flexible for Britannia on Cunard. The main reason we booked grills is so we can choose when to eat.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X