• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinner.. Your favourite or design your own .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
    Tom, you have always been up in arms when people have questioned your vocation and been quite annoyed. I have never queried your qualifications so why should you have the nerve to contest mine?

I don't have to prove anything to you but if you really feel the need then I suggest that you contact Westminster Kingsway College, Vincent Square, London SW1P 2PD, where records exist. I was there from 1953. It is one of the most prestigious catering colleges in the world but could be outside of the knowledge of some plebians.

I think that you should think seriously about your post and consider whether someone who has created as much as you have when their own validity was questioned, should have ever written it. Annoyed and hurt......Neil
    I do apologise that you feel that way. However, my point stands, you make a claim of your qualification and nobody bats an eyelid. I do and I am insulted being referred to as a meat inspector, security guard. It is nothing personal it just does highlight how some are treated different to others - that is all!

You really let yourself down with your use of the word 'plebians' !

Comment

Solent Richard wrote

Most beef that I eat on cruise ships is USDA graded...

Celebrity Eclipse Tuscan Grill...

...and hence no problem when I have Steak Tartare on Cunard...
      The biggest risk with steak tartare consumption is E coli and Salmonella!!

Then he wrote

The USDA grading system is to do with the quality of the meat and nothing to do with e. coli outbreaks in obscure butchers shops.

Quite clearly you have no idea what you are talking about!

I do not think for one minute that the USA outbreaks relate to obscure butcher shop! Regardless, the hazards / risks remain the same!

Where do you think the butcher's get their meat - the larger slaughterhouses!

As regards the HE / HEX society - promotional material by its very nature will always pose the good points and leave out the undesirable ones!

Microbiological criteria of foodstuffs is not the remit of the meat inspectors. They are involved with post mortem examination of carcasses and the discipline does not exist in Ireland.

May I refer you to Regulation (EC) No. 2073/2005

Did you buy that young fella a pair of wellies yet?
      Last edited by tomvet, limerick, roi; 30th March 2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomvet, limerick, roi View Post
        I do apologise that you feel that way. However, my point stands, you make a claim of your qualification and nobody bats an eyelid. I do and I am insulted being referred to as a meat inspector, security guard. It is nothing personal it just does highlight how some are treated different to others - that is all!

You really let yourself down with your use of the word 'plebians' !
        You apologise and then negate that apology immediately after by something unconnected. You only apologised because I “feel that way” not because you insinuated that I was being untruthful. You said, “Prove it! I don't believe you could ever have such a qualification!” I have said before on here that I do not make false statements and you totally ignore that.

You then say “It is nothing personal” well I can tell you this is very personal. I have said that I have never shown any doubt about what you do so how does your corollary fit? It doesn’t, there is no connection with your excuse.

I note that you continually browbeat other writers but can’t accept it when others get fed up and have a go at you.

If you expect respect then you should show it …..Neil
        Last edited by Neil Down, Southampton; 30th March 2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

You apologise and then negate that apology immediately after by something unconnected. You only apologised because I “feel that way” not because you insinuated that I was being untruthful. You said, “Prove it! I don't believe you could ever have such a qualification!” I have said before on here that I do not make false statements and you totally ignore that.

You then say “It is nothing personal” well I can tell you this is very personal. I have said that I have never shown any doubt about what you do so how does your corollary fit? It doesn’t, there is no connection with your excuse.

I note that you continually browbeat other writers but can’t accept it when others get fed up and have a go at you.

If you expect respect then you should show it …..Neil
          You could start by getting your own house in order Neil!
          Why do you use words like 'gibberish', 'plebians', 'pillock' in your posts? Not exactly respectful Neil - eh!
          Not very nice to be branded a fraud then Neil, is it?
          Last edited by tomvet, limerick, roi; 30th March 2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

You could start by getting your own house in order Neil!
            Why do you use words like 'gibberish', 'plebians', 'pillock' in your posts? Not exactly respectful Neil - eh!
            Not very nice to be branded a fraud then Neil, is it?
            Come off it Tom I use words well in my posts, you do not. Some of the words may be strange to you but my vocabulary is full, although sometimes colourful and I do not use banned words.

You are using the strategy used by others by saying; look how bad you are and I am a victim here. I do not accept that ploy and I am fed up with the way you expect everyone to bow to your wishes when you are constantly being unjust in your comments to other posters.

You accused me of telling a falsehood and all you can say is "I apologise ......if that's how you feel" and then go on to say how hard-done-by you are as mollification. Sorry Tom, it is not me who needs to get my own house in order. It is you and your pathetic justification for being out of order.

Do the right thing and admit that what you said was disrespectful and impolite. .......Neil

Comment

Come off it Tom I use words well in my posts, you do not. Some of the words may be strange to you but my vocabulary is full, although sometimes colourful and I do not use banned words.

You are using the strategy used by others by saying; look how bad you are and I am a victim here. I do not accept that ploy and I am fed up with the way you expect everyone to bow to your wishes when you are constantly being unjust in your comments to other posters.

You accused me of telling a falsehood and all you can say is "I apologise ......if that's how you feel" and then go on to say how hard-done-by you are as mollification. Sorry Tom, it is not me who needs to get my own house in order. It is you and your pathetic justification for being out of order.

Do the right thing and admit that what you said was disrespectful and impolite. .......Neil
              Neil, dont hold your breath.
              I was told ' Get over it' once by TV. I have neither got over it or forgotten.
              sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
                Neil, dont hold your breath.
                I was told ' Get over it' once by TV. I have neither got over it or forgotten.
                I think the expression was 'Build a bridge and get over it'! See you have half of it forgotten already! I also told you twice not just once!
                As our Government keep telling us 'A lot done but more to do!' - you are a similar situation!

Looks like to ole founding members are clubbing together again!

So predicatable really! One is never far away to show support!

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion Neil. However, it is well documented on this forum that apologies have been sought from you and they have been less than forthcoming.
                  I have apologised but I cannot and will not take on the fact that your bladder is very near your eyes!

Comment

I think the expression was 'Build a bridge and get over it'! See you have half of it forgotten already! I also told you twice not just once!
                    As our Government keep telling us 'A lot done but more to do!' - you are a similar situation!

Looks like to ole founding members are clubbing together again!

So predicatable really! One is never far away to show support!
                    Sorry to disappoint. But I am NOT one of the first 50 who started this forum up. I think I could count on one hand the times I have have any communication with Neil. What I do dislike is continuing attempts at disrupting a perfectly ordinary topic.
                    As regards you telling me twice.... to be quite honest I dont bother reading ALL or most of your posts... most days it's at least 25ish.... think your record could be 175? over a weekend. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm short of the total.
                    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Sorry to disappoint. But I am NOT one of the first 50 who started this forum up. I think I could count on one hand the times I have have any communication with Neil. What I do dislike is continuing attempts at disrupting a perfectly ordinary topic.
                      As regards you telling me twice.... to be quite honest I dont bother reading ALL or most of your posts... most days it's at least 25ish.... think your record could be 175? over a weekend. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm short of the total.
                      To be fair I do not think anyone reads all of anyone elses posts. I am a little chuffed that you even read some of them!
                      And you think your little comment with a 'pigs many fly emoticon' of support was not intended to 'continue attempts at disrupting a perfectly ordinary topic'. You make such comments and then expect not to be challenged!
                      As regards being short of the total - another expression containing the word 'short' comes to mind!

Comment

To be fair I do not think anyone reads all of anyone elses posts. I am a little chuffed that you even read some of them!
                        And you think your little comment with a 'pigs many fly emoticon' of support was not intended to 'continue attempts at disrupting a perfectly ordinary topic'. You make such comments and then expect not to be challenged!
                        As regards being short of the total - another expression containing the word 'short' comes to mind!
                        Reported Tomvet.
                        No need for such insults.
                        sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Reported Tomvet.
                          No need for such insults.
                          I am speechless at the inanity of the guy. He complains bitterly about what he regards as insults aimed at himself but is stupid enough to say worse about others. He proffers such drivel with so little substance that he can go fry as far as I am concerned. ……..Neil

Comment

Tomvet wrote...

Solent Richard wrote

The biggest risk with steak tartare consumption is E coli and Salmonella!!

Then he wrote

Quite clearly you have no idea what you are talking about!

I do not think for one minute that the USA outbreaks relate to obscure butcher shop! Regardless, the hazards / risks remain the same!

Where do you think the butcher's get their meat - the larger slaughterhouses!

As regards the HE / HEX society - promotional material by its very nature will always pose the good points and leave out the undesirable ones!

Microbiological criteria of foodstuffs is not the remit of the meat inspectors. They are involved with post mortem examination of carcasses and the discipline does not exist in Ireland.

May I refer you to Regulation (EC) No. 2073/2005

Did you buy that young fella a pair of wellies yet?
                            I am speechless at the inanity of the guy. He complains bitterly about what he regards as insults aimed at himself but is stupid enough to say worse about others. He proffers such drivel with so little substance that he can go fry as far as I am concerned. ……..Neil
                            Tommy, you should not concern yourself with my Grandson's footwear. He was only being held for a photograph and not walking anywhere. He is more than well provided for.

If I were you though I would be more concerned about the state of those disgusting jeans you chose to wear when hosting friends on a recent ship visit to the Republic. Quite frankly I would not have been seen dead in them on my allotment, let alone meet someone for the first time.. Shame we won't see the picture on this forum.

And back to subject. I repeat again, the USDA system is a meat quality grading system, absolute fact. Any problem arising with distributor or end user has nothing to do with the USDA quality grade of the meat.

Obviously I have more idea of what I'm talking about than you do. But I always knew that anyway.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X