• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinner.. Your favourite or design your own .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner.. Your favourite or design your own .

My favourites have been...
    Always .. Smoked salmon 1st. course.
    Soup... French onion with cheese topped croutons.
    Main... Beef Wellington or just a perfect Fillet steak.
    Always have a side salad as well.
    Sweet... Hot chocolate souffle or just love Creme caramel.
    Cheese ... Any apart from blue. and just love grapes.

What's yours?

On a cruise of course!
    Last edited by Calgray, Yorkshire; 17th March 2012, 07:10 PM.
    sigpic*Carol M*

Sounds scrumptious Carol, I'm hungry and I have just had my curry for tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
      My favourites have been...
      Always .. Smoked salmon 1st. course.
      Soup... French onion with cheese topped croutons.
      Main... Beef Wellington or just a perfect Fillet steak.
      Always have a side salad as well.
      Sweet... Hot chocolate souffle or just love Creme caramel.
      Cheese ... Any apart from blue. and just love grapes.
      Oh Carol you've virtually picked my favourites but to give myself a little room I'd skip the salmon and onion soup (though I do love it it's rather filling) and have beef consomme to start .... vegetables rather than salad with your mains .... hot chocolate souffle + vanilla ice cream (a must with hot chocolate) .... I hate blue cheese too. Otherwise perfect

Comment

Oooh where to start. I think my favourite is Prawn cocktail, i'm not a great lover of soup unless its tomato, so i usually skip that course.
        I love slow cooked lamb, or steak or lemon sole mmmm decisions decisions i'll go for the lamb with veg, followed by strawberry pavlova with cream. That would be lovely thank-you............................................... .....................Carol

Comment

I love fish but my OH doesn't so I rarely cook it at home. So when we go out to eat I usually choose fish.

So I would choose fish soup Mediterranean style, pasta with sea food/wine sauce, fish and for desert something I ate a short time ago. A sort of creamy meringue with hazlenuts.
          Mind you I wouldn't mind a nice Beef Wellington

Comment

At a hotel near Derwentwater, they offer various seafoods on different breads either as a starter, or as a main. I just love this as my main course, especially as the smoked fish are home smoked. Just a substantial mouthful of each, including shellfish, with all kinds of wonderful breads, and a tray of dressings.
            Served with a salad, this is one of my ideal meals.
            Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
              At a hotel near Derwentwater, they offer various seafoods on different breads either as a starter, or as a main. I just love this as my main course, especially as the smoked fish are home smoked. Just a substantial mouthful of each, including shellfish, with all kinds of wonderful breads, and a tray of dressings.
              Served with a salad, this is one of my ideal meals.
              That sounds wonderful Jo. I will be in Kendal at the end of April and I always take my friends out for a meal. What's the name of the Hotel? I will suggest that we go there.
              Jill

Comment

I love fish but my OH doesn't ...

We're excatly the same, Hat - so when on board ship I especially enjoy the lovely fish dishes which I don't eat much of at home

On Celebrity Eclipse I had an exquisite dish of sole cooked in a pernod sauce, served over a bed of delicately steamed julienne vegetables ... it still ranks as the most perfect dish I've eaten - ever

Cheers,
                Lynn

Comment

I follow a vegetarian diet, so am always pleased when I have a choice on the menu. I don't have any particular favourites.
                  2018-
                  Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                  NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                  Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                  Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                  Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Ahi Tuna with wasabi and pickled ginger

Main...Cobb salad with cold lobster...no dressing

Crêpes Suzette

Yummy.

Unfortunately I have many yummy variations. but only two puds, C.S or a cracking crème brûlée.

Comment

I enjoy most shellfish starters or a plate of mixed fruit.

any good home-made soup, not tomato as I only like Heinz tomato soup,

fillet steak [medium rare] or venison, or duck or rack of lamb or fish or lobster........................................... ........

pavlova or chewy meringue with berries and Italian ice cream.

baileys coffee and home made chocolates.

Oh I've made myself hungry and my mother's day dinner won't be ready for another hour and a half.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I like your style Issy

Decisions, decisions..........

Made me hungry too, enjoy your Mothers day dinner.. be worth waiting for.
                        sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

I have a Westminster College Diploma in Catering, this is the same place that Jamie Oliver and many other famous chefs trained.

I have to admit that I hate cooking and am more than ready to eat whatever someone else has cooked.

I thank you. .....Neil

Comment

My all time favourite would be;
                            Scallops, Black Pudding and dressed rocket
                            Herb crusted lamb cutlets, mash, green beans and a red wine jus
                            Selection of fine cheeses
                            Creme Brulee
                            Coffee
                            Brandy
                            Time for bed extremely contented....mmmmmmmmm

Comment

C.S or a cracking crème brûlée ...

The creme brulee reminds me of hubby, who always orders either that or sticky toffee pudding. He's apparently on a quest to find the perfect version of both, though he hasn't quite done it yet ... doesn't stop him trying, though

Cheers,
                              Lynn

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X