• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruises go down the tube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruises go down the tube

[URL=http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-guides/NCL-fun-in-the-med/']

Nurd fact: The first couple of images (free-fall slide) are of the new 'Breakaway' ship which is not actually featured in the deals in the advert, from cruise.dot.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Whilst a lot of "traditionalists" may not fancy NCL, I can assure them that NCL is not a low end market offering. The food we found to be excellent, the cabins comfortable, and the ships fit for purpose. And the purpose is to have fun !!!
      Try it !!

Comment

Celebrity is our line of choice, but we took a cruise on Norwegian Jewel last year. We did not go with very high expectations, but we were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed the food, and the staff were excellent. It was quite different from the more formal lines, but we didn't see any muscle shirts or baseball caps in the dining room. I think there is a cruise line for every taste, and for those who do not want to dress formally NCL offers a good alternative.
        Sheila

Comment

I found the food on Norwegian Jade to be fairly average. In fact, I can make a better risotto at home myself! I certainly wouldn't hurry back to NCL. I'm afraid that it's not for me.
          2018-
          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Personally, I think that these big resort ships have public rooms and activities for everyone.

For example, the kids might be going wild on the tube-slides at the rear of the pool deck, adults might be having a more peaceful experience in the solarium, pool deck forward, while someone else is attending a lecture or reading a book in the library a number of decks below.

Oasis/Allure are divided up into different 'neighbourhoods' which separate the different people and there needs into different areas.
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X