• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise lines finally give up and reduce prices on Southampton sailings for 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise lines finally give up and reduce prices on Southampton sailings for 2013

What does this mean for people who have booked at a more expensive price.
    sigpicMAL

Comment

Hold on Lose out!

Always a bit of a gamble whether to hold on or lose out. Again for this year their are sure to be some fantastic deals about.

Yesterday we saw a 17 night MSC Cruises Fly/Cruise for only £779 and guess what this was for an outside cabin and had no single supplement!

Comment

So much for the Vantage price promise with P&O they just call it getaway fares and get away with it. I would have saved about £1200 if I booked now. Only plus seems to be I could pick the cabin and dining, expensive plus. I could have paid the whole amount now as it is I have to pay the balance in 4 weeks time. Going to enjoy the cruise anyway sending bad thoughts to P&O though.

Comment

RCI the same no chance with them either.
          sigpicMAL

Comment

Originally posted by caddie1, Coventry View Post
            RCI the same no chance with them either.
            The RCI price promise is a little different to that of P&O.

I agree though that these 'lines' seem to be almost encouraging us to book later and later. It is always a gamble though.

The deals will continue to keep coming.

Vinny
            sigpic

Comment

IN REPLY TO MUMMYKINS ABOVE - Would it be worth you cancelling your booking, you will lose your deposit but if you could save £1200 it may be an option. Sometimes you can cancel, lose your deposit and manage to re-book the same stateroom at the reduced price.
              Oriana
              Oceana
              Ventura
              Queen Mary 2
              Queen Victoria
              Queen Elizabeth

Comment

I was really excited to see the headline about reductions. Unfortunately the Cunard cruise we would like to go on is not listed in the reductions. Better luck next time! Happy future cruising.
                Oriana
                Oceana
                Ventura
                Queen Mary 2
                Queen Victoria
                Queen Elizabeth

Comment

NO suprise this getaway fare getout was predicted months ago.

Anyone who booked just ignored the obvious signs.

The discounts that happened last year were likely to happen again this year

except on a few cruises, inside cabin <£50pppd

Comment

Well and Truly Conned

[QUOTE=Rowing Ryan, Blackburn;501240]

Looks like we have been well and truly conned by P&O, Cunard etc. in believing their Vantage Fares guff.

14 days Vantage on Azura to the Med originally at £1029 Inside for 14 days is now a Getaway at £599 i.e. a reduction of £430 or 42%. A free car park, coach travel or £70 OBS and the chance to choose a cabin does not make up for such a huge difference.

We all thought something like this would happen but still had a pathetic faith in P&O, Cunard etc. No more booking in advance for me. I'll take a chance a month before draft departure on getting a suitable cruise.

Comment

My cruise is 31st May so wasn't expecting getaway fares 4 months before sailing!! Balcony price has dropped by about £700 pp thinking that the £80 0bc pp doesnt really compensate sigh. All I can think is that they are really short of bookings and unless they sell a few more they will be cancelling the cruise. P&O please to give up the Vantage fare system as it is not worth the paper it is not written on!

Comment

Well it's your own choice, both P&O and Cunard did say they would do getaways. If you aren't fussed book last minute.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X