• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC late 2019 "oddball" cruises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSC late 2019 "oddball" cruises

MSC have a number of short cruises, many one-way in Oct/Nov 2019. As an example 5 day/4 night MSC Preziosa from Lisbon to Genoa 12/11 from £179. Just one Yacht Club available (at 2100 on 24/7) at just under £600 (with Voyager Club discount).

OOI flights with KLM from Leeds to Lisbon and Genoa to Leeds are about £230 each.

Simply put in Oct 2019 to Dec 2019 into MSC search and sort by price.

Cheers

Tony B

Thanks , these little odd repositioning cruises are always worth taking a look at.

Comment

we've got two of these booked in for next year, with Southampton to Hamburg via Bruges and Oslo and Alicante to Venice - really good deals

Comment

Thanks. Some of the prices were quite high when I put in one traveller, but others were better. Southampton wasn't in the list of ports available. I need to take a good look when I've got more time!
        2018-
        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Unfortunately there are few from Southampton - occasionally they have alternative pickup/drop-offs in North Sea - We got Preziosa last year Hamburg to Amsterdam (via Southampton).
          Only 2 I have found are Orchestra (2 nights to Hamburg) in May from 139, and Meraviglia Kiel to Southampton 12/9 3 nights from 149 (199 for Fantastica balcony).

MSC is often commented on as not single friendly.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by toshtosh, Guiseley View Post
            Unfortunately there are few from Southampton - occasionally they have alternative pickup/drop-offs in North Sea - We got Preziosa last year Hamburg to Amsterdam (via Southampton).
            Only 2 I have found are Orchestra (2 nights to Hamburg) in May from 139, and Meraviglia Kiel to Southampton 12/9 3 nights from 149 (199 for Fantastica balcony).

MSC is often commented on as not single friendly.

Cheers

Tony B
            That May cruise is £278 solo - is that solo friendly??

Sadly 100% solo penalty is the default for many but not all of the mainstream lines.

1st world problem

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
              Thanks. Some of the prices were quite high when I put in one traveller, but others were better. Southampton wasn't in the list of ports available. I need to take a good look when I've got more time!
              A lot of cruise companies list Southampton as 'London' Southampton

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                A lot of cruise companies list Southampton as 'London' Southampton
                The MSC Site would list it as Southampton rather than London, I enquired about an upgrade on the one we have booked and was told it's now fully booked, so they remove it from the website.

These odd ones tend to be the tail end of repositioning cruises

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                  The MSC Site would list it as Southampton rather than London, I enquired about an upgrade on the one we have booked and was told it's now fully booked, so they remove it from the website.

These odd ones tend to be the tail end of repositioning cruises
                  One of the benefits of MSCs practice of picking up/dropping off at most ports. We have saved a fortune on first or last circuits in a season where a cabin is potentially empty from say Genoa to Barcelona - as per the Seaview's inaugural cruise a couple of weeks ago. Quite often they drop passengers at Lisbon on their return from Brazil and then have a cabin round to Genoa.

cheers

Tony B

Comment

One of the benefits of MSCs practice of picking up/dropping off at most ports. We have saved a fortune on first or last circuits in a season where a cabin is potentially empty from say Genoa to Barcelona - as per the Seaview's inaugural cruise a couple of weeks ago. Quite often they drop passengers at Lisbon on their return from Brazil and then have a cabin round to Genoa.

cheers

Tony B
                    As someone who sailed a repo cruise with a change of passenger mix towards the end, the ambience on board the ship degraded. We were all talking on board about it - the camaraderie had disappeared.

Annie.

Comment

The 3 night cruise from Kiel to Southampton in September 2019 was a very good price, with no single supplement. Nice for a taster of MSC.
                      2018-
                      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                        As someone who sailed a repo cruise with a change of passenger mix towards the end, the ambience on board the ship degraded. We were all talking on board about it - the camaraderie had disappeared.

Annie.
                        Thankfully we are comfortable with both short term friendships and the constant change of passengers.

Obviously if you like to make cruise-long friendships there are always boarders at your start port who will be doing the full circuit.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Thankfully we are comfortable with both short term friendships and the constant change of passengers.

Obviously if you like to make cruise-long friendships there are always boarders at your start port who will be doing the full circuit.

Cheers

Tony B
                          I only experienced this on 1 cruise. Thankfully I have never experienced the hop-on hop-off pattern of MSC Med cruising. Each to their own.

Annie

Comment

We see it as a bonus, allows us much more flexibility in where to board, giving us better flight options. Prices can vary quite a lot from one port to the other. I really don't understand why some people find it so difficult to cope with this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                              We see it as a bonus, allows us much more flexibility in where to board, giving us better flight options. Prices can vary quite a lot from one port to the other. I really don't understand why some people find it so difficult to cope with this.
                              Your point is well taken and I recall Pete stating a few years ago he saved substantially by boarding or leaving at a different port.

We all have our preferences and that is mine.

On my last Celebrity cruise, after we disembarked at Vancouver, some continued their cruise to Alaska. An email from Aussie cruisemates said the atmosphere was not the same. At least I am not alone in feeling like this

Annie
                              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 30th July 2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X