• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norway Vs New England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norway Vs New England

When's the best time to visit Norway? The vast majority of cruise lines will only sail there in the summer months for the weather with a couple of hardier lines willing to go in the middle of winter for the Northern lights.
    However Norway has something to offer during every season, (I think). I've often heard Norway in the autumn compared to New England in terms of flora and fauna so if New England is something you've always fancied but it's a bit far Norway becomes a good offer.
    If you're interested I wrote a blog post about this a while back, (you can read it here), and I'd love to hear about your favorite season in the Fjords.
    However, on to the point of this post...............
    Hurtigruten have some packages with Stanstead flights that they need to shift so they've dropped the price of them for us by 45%!
    Bergen to Bergen
    11 days
    Stanstead flights
    10th Sep 2012
    Cabins from £1233pp
    Single price £1712

or

21st Sep, 02nd, 13th and 24th Oct
    Stanstead flights again
    cabins from £1015
    Single price £1201 - * star buy!!!!
    I know the weather may not be the best but for any nature lovers out there, (especially if you're looking for a low single supplement), these are some great bargains and who better to do Norway with than Hurtigruten?
    Our Hurtigruten rep has just got back from a cruise and hasn't stopped babbling about polar bears, milky whales, walrus and bearded seals yet! Who else would like to see some?

Happy cruising

Originally posted by James, Cruise.co.uk View Post
    When's the best time to visit Norway? The vast majority of cruise lines will only sail there in the summer months for the weather with a couple of hardier lines willing to go in the middle of winter for the Northern lights.
    However Norway has something to offer during every season, (I think). I've often heard Norway in the autumn compared to New England in terms of flora and fauna so if New England is something you've always fancied but it's a bit far Norway becomes a good offer.
    If you're interested I wrote a blog post about this a while back, (you can read it here), and I'd love to hear about your favorite season in the Fjords.
    However, on to the point of this post...............
    Hurtigruten have some packages with Stanstead flights that they need to shift so they've dropped the price of them for us by 45%!
    Bergen to Bergen
    11 daysP
    Stanstead flights
    10th Sep 2012
    Cabins from £1233pp
    Single price £1712

or

21st Sep, 02nd, 13th and 24th Oct
    Stanstead flights again
    cabins from £1015
    Single price £1201 - * star buy!!!!
    I know the weather may not be the best but for any nature lovers out there, (especially if you're looking for a low single supplement), these are some great bargains and who better to do Norway with than Hurtigruten?
    Our Hurtigruten rep has just got back from a cruise and hasn't stopped babbling about polar bears, milky whales, walrus and bearded seals yet! Who else would like to see some?

Happy cruising
    Hi James
    I think it is "minke" whales
    Could be wrong
    sigpic
    Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred

Comment

Doh! - I'm blaming my spellchecker! Either that or I'm offering you the chance to discover an unknown species of whale. Now there's a bargain!

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X