• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada & Alaska

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada & Alaska

Hi

My name is Liam, and although I specialize in all areas of Cruise, I have an in depth knowledge of Canada & Alaska, including the Rocky Mountaineer, so if this is the kind of trip you are looking for, please contact me on
    Tel: 0330 303 8390 or email: LiamM@Cruise.co.uk - Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Liam. We did Alaska from SF, with Regent, earlier this year and I would definitely recommend it. However, I'm glad we went early, as I should think, in high season it is very crowded with the big ships. We had lovely weather in May, it was not cold and didn't rain once! The best excursions were the Ale Trail in Astoria, the Yukon and White Pass Rail Road and whale watching. Judith

Comment

Hi Judith, its certainly a breathtaking destination, did you see a whales on you trip? I always usually recommend going early May, as all the wildlife are coming out from hibernating and on the hunt. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

Comment

Originally posted by LiamM, cruise co uk View Post
        Hi Judith, its certainly a breathtaking destination, did you see a whales on you trip? I always usually recommend going early May, as all the wildlife are coming out from hibernating and on the hunt. Glad you had a wonderful trip.
        Cruised Alaska twice and visited the N.W Pacific coast a few times, early July thro' late August. We've seen bears, whales as well as the usual smaller wildlife and kayaked around some of the bays and inlets.
        My preferred time would be late June/early July.

Don't forget to point out if you want to enter Glacier Bay [THE highlight as far as I'm concerned and I've seen most of the important glacial bays], you need to pick your cruise line carefully.

Comment

Canada and Alaska, definitely on my hit list, they sound amazing places to visit............................................. ..............Carol

Comment

Originally posted by LiamM, cruise co uk View Post
            Yes, Liam, I agree early May is definitely good for wildlife. We saw humpbacks, minke and orca. Watched bald eagles fishing and sea otters playing. Also a couple of bears from the train. We were the first ship of the season in a lot of places and were the only ship viewing the Hubbard Glacier.

Comment

I've currently booked for April 2019 and very excited about it already. However I cannot get my head around their published and advertised itinerary despite having highlighted an error to my consultant. We leave on 30 April to Calgary and overnight there as the itinerary states. Fine with that. The next day the itinerary published for 1 May says we travel Banff to Kamloops. No where does it state how we get from Calgary to Banff!! In theory the consultant states we go to Banff by coach and have a helicopter tour. How this is fitted in I have no idea. We board the Rocky Mountaineer in Banff to travel to Kamloops. All makes sense after the beginning but that's the important bit ! Plus their itinerary giving a day at leisure in Vancouver in the middle before the cruise part. We want to take advantage of this to visit Hubbys brother but can't till the itinerary is clarified. If my consultant can't do that, who do I go to?!! See below for what is on the web

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]30 Apr 19
                [/COLOR]

UK to Calgary
                Fly from the UK to Calgary, Canada.
                Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for an overnight stay.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]01 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Rocky Mountaineer
                Banff to Kamloops
                Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the mountain town of Banff to Kamloops, in the heart of the British Columbia Interior.
                Overnight in Kamloops. B, L.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]02 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Kamloops to Vancouver
                Your journey continues west towards the Pacific Ocean and the coastal city of Vancouver.
                Hotel Stay in Vancouver. B, L.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]03 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Vancouver at Leisure
                Home to North America’s best Asian dining scene and the culinary capital of Canada, Vancouver’s cosmopolitan streets are filled with restaurants and drink holes to please every appetite. With an emphasis on grassroots art, those with a passion for finding hidden gems will have their work cut out in attempting to see all that Vancouver has to offer.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]04 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                MS Nieuw Amsterdam
                Transfer to the port and embark MS Nieuw Amsterdam.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]05 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]06 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Juneau, Alaska
                America’s most secluded state-capital and perhaps most strange, Juneau is a contradictory wonder that can only be accessed by boat or plane. Alaska’s second-largest city borders both a waterway that never freezes and beneath an icefield that never melts.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]07 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Skagway, Alaska
                Skagway was composed during the gold-rush era, resulting in its architecture to have a distinctly classic look, which is why many buildings are part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. Check out the Mascot Saloon Museum, one of Skagway’s first cabin and brothels near-perfectly preserved.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]08 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Glacier Bay

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]09 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Ketchikan, Alaska
                Ketchikan has become a very popular tourism port with 650,000 visitors per day during summer months. With a backdrop of forest hills and a port bustling with local life, it’s no wonder Ketchikan is so popular.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]10 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]11 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Vancouver, BC, Canada
                Transfer to the airport for your overnight flight to the UK.

• [COLOR=#BC9633 !important]12 May 19
                [/COLOR]
                Arrive in the UK.

Comment

I think your TA needs to get his/her act together.

This is a well travelled itinerary and coach transfers have always been included. I don't know why should be any different for 2019. If you still have doubts, look at Nieuw Amsterdam/Rocky M's 2018 April/May itinerary.
                Last edited by Mrs M; 3rd January 2018, 04:28 PM. Reason: added Rocky M's

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X