• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise rumour - Getaway fares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise rumour - Getaway fares

Heads up all - just heard an interesting rumour about Cunard and P&O Getaway fares.

My hands are tied as to what I can and can't say but the cruise lines have been getting a lot of complaints around the fact that singles and third + fourths haven't been able to book Getaway fares at the cheaper last minute price; instead, if they've booked at all they've had to book the more expensive Vantage fare price.

I really doubt that much is going to happen over the summer but is sounds like going forward from that those rules are going to be 'changed'

Sorry to be so vague but hopefully you can all read between the lines..............

Happy cruising

(PS As a rule of thumb Getaway fares get released three/four months in advance of the sailing)

Cunard and P&O Vantage & Getaway fares have been a disaster for both companies it has deterred customer's instead of encouraging business, I have heard on the grapevine that in 2014 normalisation will be restored.
    ]

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

CG will be pleased ?
        Hope they sort out a sensable pricing policy the current 2 teir pricing policy seems to be causing a lot of bad feeling...Taffy
        ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
          CG will be pleased ?
          Hope they sort out a sensable pricing policy the current 2 teir pricing policy seems to be causing a lot of bad feeling...Taffy
          From what I'm hearing they won't be getting rid of the getaway fares' just making them fairer for singles and anyone wanting third and fourth occupancy

Comment

I obtained a 'Getaway Fare' for three sharing on the recent Queen Victoria 5 night cruise to Hamburg/Le Havre without any problem!? I was surprised to hear that singles or 3/4 sharing was not available on Getaway Fares...is it hit and miss?

Comment

That is good new if the rumours are true.As I've said before last year they had a version of Getaway fares where I had to book and pay in full for 3 berths so why not this year?Hopefully,common sense will prevail.

Comment

The problem I can see is that it is mostly 3/4 berth cabins that are sold first, therefore there will not be many getaway fares (unsold cabins) to be got at a late date.

Comment

I was told Getaway fares were ONLY available for 2 sharing a cabin.

Maria
                  P.S. No posts for a while as been in hospital having an op - back home now and on the mend. Shall start looking for some more comps to post!

Comment

Maybe there will be more unsold cabins available at a late stage next year if a lot of the many disgruntled Vantage customers decide to wait for the Getaway fares?
                    Last edited by Scriv, Winchester; 20th May 2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Too late! Lost me as a customer, I'm going elsewhere from now on!

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
                        Too late! Lost me as a customer, I'm going elsewhere from now on!
                        Me? Or P&O?

Comment

About time. Last year we had a getaway fare for 4 people so was surprised it was stopped this year. It meant we haven't even bothered looking at P&O for this year and we are on RCI next week for half term.

Comment

I've said it before, but I find the 'Getaway' and 'Vantage' fare fiasco very confusing.

Confusing customers is not good as they might just book with a cruise line that they can understand the fare structure of.
                            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Frankly staggered by the price reduction of Getaway compared to Vantage almost feel embarrassed , as I know I will no doubt be told by someone on my cruise this year that they have paid £800 less for a better cabin ! Will not book vantage again as feel I am being ripped off and subsiding everyone else .

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X