• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum help needed please..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum help needed please..........

Hi all

I'm hoping to enlist your help in a bit of market research. You may, (or may not), have heard but we've got someone new in charge of the tailor made packages section of our website.
    Now I think that the tailor made cruise section of our website, (click here to see it), already has some great deals and destinations but we're looking to shake things up with some new ideas, ports, ships etc.

What we wanted to know is what you'd like to see in this section.
    We've been toying with the idea of some cruises to see the different Wonders of the World but we're open to your suggestions - Don't worry about the price - we'll find the bargains for you - What we're looking for is what you'd like to see.
    Don't worry if the place you want to see in nowhere near a port either, we can deal with that, at the moment we're really just looking to see what's on your bucket list and what you'd like to see our tailor made cruises doing.

Thanks in advance

James

POSITIVE suggestion....

The cruise.co.uk main web site is just dire from a usability point of view. It's as if someone vomited 1,000 links onto a single web page. Vertical and horizontal navigation options all over the place, no consistency in how one sub section works versus another. It really, really needs a rethink.

So trying to sandwich a premium product in a small window in the middle of the page simply doesn't work. For instance if I wanted to find the QM2 Independence Day experience in New York where do I start, well maybe North America :

Well we have a black block of header and other links, then some intro text, huge gap of white space. Spewed irrelevant links left and right... scroll down..aha

Yes it's there but there are gaps where pictures should be, photo is not a link thats on the right;

How about scrap trying to squash a premium product in the middle of your web site and have more of a flash-based full screen experience more akin to the Tailor Made brochure with trip highlights, embedded video, links to reviews, added value benefits. This should be a rich interactive experience, price is probably secondary here, it's more the experience and the User Interface experience undersells.

As for the itineraries, how about better topical themes; The Independence Day one is great, and I think you did a Monaco Grand Prix one a while ago but that kind of event or experience based itineraries. How about multi-ship for the Non-flyers. Like QM2 to New York then another ship down to Florida and a maybe a repositioning cruise back to Europe interspersed with hotel stays etc.

Anyway hope it helps and happy to test / feedback anything in development.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grant, West Sussex; 23rd April 2013, 02:47 PM.
    sigpic
    Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
    Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

To me, Tailor Made means 'made to order'. I was quite surprised when I originally saw this dept. had put together itineraries of their own.

I had a comment or two to make after our own itinerary and flight requirements were put together as a package, but I think they've been submitted already by John C.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        To me, Tailor Made means 'made to order'. I was quite surprised when I originally saw this dept. had put together itineraries of their own.
        Hi Mrs M - The dept. name has been changed to cruise and stay holidays as of yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by James, Cruise.co.uk View Post
          Hi Mrs M - The dept. name has been changed to cruise and stay holidays as of yesterday
          Ah, you didn't say that in your original post but I can see the logic for pre-planned itineraries.

Does this mean you'll no longer be tailoring a package for the individual client, or will Tailor Made now actually mean...tailored for the individual client and you now have two depts...Cruise and Stay and Tailor made?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            Ah, you didn't say that in your original post but I can see the logic for pre-planned itineraries.

Does this mean you'll no longer be tailoring a package for the individual client, or will Tailor Made now actually mean...tailored for the individual client and you now have two depts...Cruise and Stay and Tailor made?
            They're the same thing and we'll do both - You can book the package as is or 'tailor' it to your hearts content.

So where would you like to see us doing packages?

Comment

Originally posted by James, Cruise.co.uk View Post
              They're the same thing and we'll do both - You can book the package as is or 'tailor' it to your hearts content.

So where would you like to see us doing packages?
              Well first of all, my suggestion is as you've changed the name to Cruise and Stay, and you are going to showcase pre planned trips, you also make it QUITE clear you will ALSO tailor a holiday to individual requirements.
              As to a package, I haven't a clue at the moment having just got back from a cruise dot booked holiday dictated by us and put together by John and the tailor made dept.

Edit

Actually I do have an idea about packages.
              I'll pm you.

Comment

Good afternoon James.

I'm actually with Grant if you want my opinion.

Prior to the inception of this forum I did a number of so called 'Tailor Made' cruises with two competitors. They were actually very good and were top end.

Like it or not the majority of members are looking for bargains and these 'Tailor made' packages add more cost.

I do not know what your past responses to the TM inception has been, it certainly appeals to me and I would have taken it had it been available for my last cruise from Buenos Aires - I see CD have now included a TM in that itinerary.

One point you may also wish to bear in mind is that the competition usually, though not always, include a host. Important point that and an excellent marketing ploy.

Good luck anyway.

Comment

James
                  The Tailor made always sound wonderful but are far too pricey. I have started to package one of my own together for next year (based on something put out by Cruise Dot and will be well on the way to undercutting Cruise Dot price by £1000 pp. by DIY. So if you are packaging something together please make the prices a bit more realistic.

As for ideas - well there is so much scope. We have done New York then Las Vegas, flew back to Miami, one week Caribbean cruise, flew back to BHX via Newark.
                  We have done BHX to New York, New York to FLL Stay, then and 10 night Caribbean Cruise. We have even done NY then Miami for one cruise, gone down to Port Canaveral for a different cruise (ie sandwiched together two completely different caribbean cruises with a 2 day break in between)

I have done post and pre cruise stays in Venice Rome and Barcelona, but with so much more of the inland parts of those countries to see, perhaps somewhere like Orvietto, and places you dont normally get to see on a cruise port stop.

Comment

Probably too late for this year but there'll be another chance in 4 years. A British Lions rugby tour cruise. Source a few tickets for a game or two and you'll have a winner!

Comment

James I like your idea of having themed cruises such as 'Wonders of the World' which I guess is a bit like the Voyages of Discovery offering but on nicer ships hopefully. Other themes worth investigating 'Great Railway Moments', 'Natural Earth', 'Eclipse Chasing', 'Spice Route', 'Tea Origins', 'Myths & Legends', 'Treasure Hunt', 'Scientific Marvels'. They obviously require a good deal of planning but they could each offer a really different cruise experience and hopefully be a crowd puller.

Comment

my ideal holiday/cruise for 2014 would include overnight or several nights in San Fransisco, New York, Las Vegas , California, Hawaii, flying [direct] from Scotland at a competitive price.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Some of its easy -Fly to New York stay 3 nights, fly onto Vegas for 3 or 4 nights, a short hop over to the LA coast and you can pick up a cruise from there. The hard part is the Hawaii bit. It takes four days to sail down to the islands and then you want at least 5 or 6 days to cruise the islands and then a very very long flight back.

I have booked an LA coastal cruise for 2014 and wanted to try and build in Hawaii but unless you can take min of 3 weeks off work its hard to fit it all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                            Some of its easy -Fly to New York stay 3 nights, fly onto Vegas for 3 or 4 nights, a short hop over to the LA coast and you can pick up a cruise from there. The hard part is the Hawaii bit. It takes four days to sail down to the islands and then you want at least 5 or 6 days to cruise the islands and then a very very long flight back.

I have booked an LA coastal cruise for 2014 and wanted to try and build in Hawaii but unless you can take min of 3 weeks off work its hard to fit it all in.
                            thanks Badbury. if you don't mind me asking who are you cruising with in 2014 and what ports are you visiting? my main ports would be San Francisco and the California/Pacific coast.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                              thanks Badbury. if you don't mind me asking who are you cruising with in 2014 and what ports are you visiting? my main ports would be San Francisco and the California/Pacific coast.
                              Issy
                              Your PM Box is full. Just tried to send you a lengthy reply but it got rejected.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X