• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our mistake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our mistake

Hi all,

Our latest mailer has just started to be delivered and it has come to light that a few customers have received their packs addressed to the right place but to the wrong name. We apologise for this distribution error and can assure anyone affected that your details are perfectly safe & it is just the top line name that was incorrect on some.

This has now been fixed for all future mailings.

Thanks,
    Nisha At Sea
    Last edited by Nisha at Sea; 7th February 2013, 04:39 PM.
    Nisha at Sea
    Community Manager - Cruises.co.uk
    Online Executive - Cruise.co.uk

Maybe some of us would like to be someone else for a change, shame you've corrected it .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Nisha at Sea View Post
      Hi all,

Our latest mailer has just started to be delivered and it has come to light that a few customers have received their packs addressed to the right place but to the wrong name. We apologise for this distribution error and can assure anyone affected that your details are perfectly safe & it is just the top line name that was incorrect on some.

This has now been fixed for all future mailings.

Thanks,
      Nisha At Sea

Hello Nisha, I for one feel that if my REAL name has gone to another member I'm not overly happy, the reason people use an alias on here is obvious, they don't want their real name disclosed, you don't have to be a genius to put two and two together and get the right answer, Google is a great tool and with the smallest snippet of information, there are criminals out there who make a living out of this type of thing.

I believe both Diva and Spud and others have openly said a particular member has tried to expose their REAL NAMES and was more than happy to post them for all to see, given extra help such as this, I find worrying.

A company that holds DATA on others should never under any circumstances pass it on to anyone one else, regardless of it's content or if done by accident, that is why we have the "Data Protection Act".

Sorry if you think I'm making a "mountain out of a mole hill", but I think it's very important.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
        Maybe some of us would like to be someone else for a change, shame you've corrected it .....Neil
        I'll bet some postmen have had a laugh.

Comment

yeah I'm pretty sure Fred King was the original founder. just wondered if anyone built them anymore.

Aries86

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X