• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Taste of the Real Canary Islands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Taste of the Real Canary Islands

I love the Canary Islands, especially Tenerife. But what I don’t love are the purpose built resorts in the south of the island where most go to for their holidays. This is probably down to the way Tenerife is marketed to the British market and also with the main airport being closer to these resorts than the areas I prefer. So with that in mind I have put together this package to give you an insight into the nicest parts of the island (well I think so J)

Cruise: Fred Olsen – Braemar
    Sun 17 Mar SANTA CRUZ, TENERIFE
    Mon 18 Mar SANTA CRUZ, TENERIFE
    Tue 19 Mar LAS PALMAS, SPAIN
    Wed 20 Mar PUERTO DEL ROSARIO, SPAIN
    Thu 21 Mar CRUISING
    Fri 22 Mar LISBON, PORTUGAL
    Sat 23 Mar CRUISING
    Sun 24 Mar CRUISING
    Mon 25 Mar DOVER
    Fly out 3 nights before the cruise and be transferred to the resort of Puerto de la Cruz in the North of the Island. There you will stay at the 4* Beatriz Atlantis & Spa (bed and breakfast basis), on the morning of the cruise you will be picked up and taken to the port in Santa Cruz.

This cruise starts on a Sunday, which is bad news for Santa Cruz as everything will be closed!! The mayor of Santa Cruz is trying to get this changed as our the shop owners but nothing has changed yet and with Spanish bureaucracy as it is I doubt this will have changed by the time the cruise starts. With this in mind if you have something you want to do in Santa Cruz get up early on the Monday and do it then.

I have for now left the time in Puerto free, there is so much to do but as the range of activities on offer vary so much it would be best to tailor this to your requirements, here are a few things you can do;

Wine tasting in the Orotava Valley:

Visit Teide National Park - the highest point in Spain and a UNESCO heritage site

Walk Mount Teide’s lava tubes

Surfing/diving/windsurfing – or just be lazy at the beach! Visit the Botanical gardens or the Loro Park

Eat in Tito's Bodeguita (my favourite restaurant in Puerto de la Cruz)

Inside from: £949

Outside from: £1069

Balcony from: £1399

Suite from: £1699

Flight is based from London Gatwick – other regional flights can be arranged on request

Tel: 0800 408 6097
    Blog:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X