• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Alaska 2010 Cruise Ship for Season Visits Victoria, Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Alaska 2010 Cruise Ship for Season Visits Victoria, Canada

http://www.timescolonist.com/travel/Cruise+ship+season+starts+today/2950044/story.html

The first Cruise Ship for the Alaska season of 2010 docked in Victoria, BC Canada on April 26 at 9 - 10:am PST and was scheduled to leave 23:59 PST for Vancouver.
    It was the Holland America 'ms Zaandam' cruise ship which carries 1,440 passengers and is a 777-foot long ship.
    Below link shows the Seattle Times article on cruise ship season start for 2010.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/travel/2011706856_cruiseseattle26.html
    Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 27th April 2010, 02:18 PM.
    sigpicRob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Hi Rob,
    thats a lot of cruise ships according to the article 223. I would love to go on a cruise to Alaska - they didnt mention Arcadia from P&O which is also going to Alaska from memory, thanks for the interesting article
    regards,
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather, Holywood Co Down View Post
      Hi Rob,
      thats a lot of cruise ships according to the article 223. I would love to go on a cruise to Alaska - they didn't mention Arcadia from P&O which is also going to Alaska from memory, thanks for the interesting article
      regards,
      Heather
      Thank you Heather,
      Glad you found the article informative. The weather that day was about 50F to 60F and overcast. Great introduction to Alaska type weather but normally it is sunny this time of year and in the 69 - 72 F.
      When we went in August 2001 , it was great weather as long as you have a light jacket and light sweater on hand with small brolly nearby

Here is the official link for Ships docking in Victoria Canada for the Alaska 2010 season. About 223 Ships are expected and sometines we will have four in at same time. Can expect about 450,000 passengers this year and 170, 000 crew.
      They bring in a lot of monies to our economy as Ships take on supplies, fuel, food We also have done many refits in our dry docks.

Greater Victoria Harbour Authority

I've also posted this on my blog and took some pictures which I'll post soon.

In terms of the Arcadia from P&O, it is not on this schedule though I found an entry for 2011. Itinerary below and it will stop in Victoria.
      So you still have an opportunity to see us.
      http://www.pocruises.com/en/Cruises-...mode=itinerary

Cheers
      Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 28th April 2010, 05:17 AM. Reason: meaning
      sigpicRob
      Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X