An Alaskan Cruise is never going to be cheap, it is a long flight to get there and once you are there you will want to pay for excursions and end up adding a lot of extra cost to your holiday.

You may get a bargain cruise only with one of the mass market cruise lines like Royal Caribbean, Princess or NCL but by the time you have paid for the flights, over night hotel, transfers, excursions, drinks and gratuities your bill soon adds up

So my advice would be see Alaska with Regent Seven Cruises. They are a 6* luxury cruise line and just look at everything that's included in your price:

Free Economy class flights
1 night pre cruise hotel and transfers
Unlimited free shore excursions in every port
Gratuities
All dining including speciality restuarants
All drinks including premium spirits and selected champagnes
Speciality tea, coffee, afternoon snacks,
In suite dining and 24 hour room service.

The included excursions are such a bonus and they offer some really great trips for free - for the featured cruise below here is a sample of the free excursions

Skagway - White Pass Scenic Railroad
Experience an exhilarating ride aborad Skagway's White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad. Climb over 3000ft and enjoy the breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges and waterfalls.
This excursion would cost around £100 with any other operator - with Regent it's free

Juneau - Glacier View Sea Kayaking
On this unique trip you views of North Douglas Island and Mendenhall Glacier from your kayak, you may also see popoise, seals, eagles and whales (although the last one might be slightly unnerving if you're in a kayak!)
This excusrsion would cost £80pp and again it is free with Regent.

Regent offer a number of Alaska cruises from 7 to 12 nights. My recommendation would be the Gold Glaciers and Grizzlies itinerary which covers the full area from Vancouver to Seward. The prices below are based on the 30th May but other dates are available at a supplement.
Day 1 - Fly out to Vancouver and enjoy an over night stay
Day 2 - Depart Vancouver
Day 3 - Cruise Inside Passage
Day 4 - Ketchikan
Day 5 - Tracy Arm and Juneau
Day 6 - Skagway
Day 7 - Sitka
Day 8 - Cruising Hubbard Glacier
Day 9 - Disembark in Seward and transfer to your flight home.

Pricing
G grade Outside Cabin - £3511pp
F - grade Deluxe Suite - £3941pp
C - grade Penthouse Suite - £4481pp - including free Butler Service.
The lowest cabin the H grade are now sold outm and this is the case across most itineraries so early booking is recommended.

I think these offer real value for money for what is generally a holiday of a lifetime - what do you think?

Please call or e-mail me for more details of this one or Regents other Alaskan cruises.