Alaska always interested me, and when I took a trip on the Diamond Princess earlier this year I was not dissapointed.

If you would like to read more about my Alaskan trip visit my blog by clicking here http://krisgoesglobal.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-to-consider-when-going-to-alaska.html.

If only I could have gotten a little closer to the wildlife and scenery then it would have been perfect. With that in mind, and thinking that there are others who probably feel the same, I have been doing a little research.

There is a new small company called "Alaskan Dreams" - and when I say small I mean small - they have one boat with a maximum capacity of twelve!!

Have a look at a bit more detailed info here - Alaska Small Cruise & Charters aboard the M/V Dreamcatcher: Prince William Sound & Southcentral Alaska prices look to be around $3900 upwards. This boat will take people on wildlife spotting trips, let you Kayak straight off of the side and right up to the glaciers to see the calving up close and personal - YouTube - Glacier Calving.

They even do private charters - if you have the money - or research trips for all you budding scientists out there.

The boat itself boasts cabins with there own on suite and a galley which "turns out retaraunt quality food", to me they look quite well appointed if basic, but you dont go to Alaska for the room so I dont really see a problem here.

As I say it looks very interesting to me and I could waffle on and on for ages, but take a look at the site above and I hope you find it as interesting as I did.

Any one else out there got any ideas on trips or cruises in Alaska?.