• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska cruise suggestions/comments.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska cruise suggestions/comments.

We are considering an Alaskan cruise and would welcome your thoughts/comments.
    Anything in particular that you would reccomend ?.
    Any experiences you have had on these cruises ?.
    Which cruise line would you reccomend ?.

Thanks John

Originally posted by budgie, Forfar View Post
    We are considering an Alaskan cruise and would welcome your thoughts/comments.
    Anything in particular that you would reccomend ?.
    Any experiences you have had on these cruises ?.
    Which cruise line would you reccomend ?.

Thanks John

First of all John, I really think it's a great destination. We went on Radiance of the Seas on a 13 night repositioning cruise from San Diego to Alaska in May this year, ending in Vancouver. I can recommend that because you cruise up almost the entire West Coast of the USA and May is the start of the season with more ice and snow on view. I did a full review of the cruise if you want to have a look.

Do you want to do a land tour as well as a cruise?

I have heard good reports of Celebrity and Princess as well.

Comment

We have cruised the inside passage Vancouver return and one way Vancouver to Anchorage. My fav. part of the world apart from S.E.Asia.

We know the North West Pacific coast/Alaska area quite well and have visited quite a few times over the last 18 years.I can recommend Holland America which is considered, in the US, to be THE line for Alaska. Obviously I'm biased and can offer no comparison with any other line, but if you expand a little more on your expectations/preferences, I can tell you if HAL is for you.

Comment

HAL and Princess are considered the best lines for Alaska, but as Mrs M says, it all depends on what you want in a cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire Thorn, Fareham View Post
          First of all John, I really think it's a great destination. We went on Radiance of the Seas on a 13 night repositioning cruise from San Diego to Alaska in May this year, ending in Vancouver. I can recommend that because you cruise up almost the entire West Coast of the USA and May is the start of the season with more ice and snow on view. I did a full review of the cruise if you want to have a look.

Do you want to do a land tour as well as a cruise?

I have heard good reports of Celebrity and Princess as well.
          Great information , thanks for your reply.
          I am not too fussed about land tour to be honest , I would rather have more time on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            We have cruised the inside passage Vancouver return and one way Vancouver to Anchorage. My fav. part of the world apart from S.E.Asia.

We know the North West Pacific coast/Alaska area quite well and have visited quite a few times over the last 18 years.I can recommend Holland America which is considered, in the US, to be THE line for Alaska. Obviously I'm biased and can offer no comparison with any other line, but if you expand a little more on your expectations/preferences, I can tell you if HAL is for you.
            Thanks Mrs M I will have a look at HAL, great to have the benefit of someones experiences.

Comment

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X