• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 cruise for family needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 cruise for family needed

I want to treat our five offspring to a Caribbean cruise in January 2013( as it coincides with a special birthday).As 3 of them have partners, I have suggested that they will have to contribute but I'm hoping to keep their costs down as much as possible. I have a budget of £13,000.00 and would like a two week holiday taking in as many Island stops as we can as none of them has ever been to the Caribbean before.

There is a perfect cruise itinery with P&O Ventura on 4th Jan 2012, but costing it comes out rather high; any suggestions?

There are some good 14 night cruises on Celebrity Eclipse Jan 12th, or 26th or Feb 9th and 23rd for 2013.

You have picked an ideal time for the bargains as I often see these pre Christmas and post Christmas cruises at rock bottom prices. Just take a look for example at what P&O were offering Caribbean cruises at just recently for this Feb/March - as little as £699 / £799. Depends with such a large party if you can sit it out until the price is right.

Difficult decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
      There are some good 14 night cruises on Celebrity Eclipse Jan 12th, or 26th or Feb 9th and 23rd for 2013.

Depends with such a large party if you can sit it out until the price is right.

Difficult decision.
      Exactly - with so many of us not sure I want to risk waiting for the bargains but there again, the prices come down so drastically - it's a bummer!

Comment

I presume you are looking at five cabins in total for 10 people? This would give you a budget of £1300 per head which is maybe a bit on the tight side for two weeks in January which tend to be the peak month in the Caribbean. As Bradbury says there are usually some good prices pre Christmas which have been offered as late deals for around £700 in the last two years. There are likely to be less good deals next year as P&O will only have one ship in the Caribbean. They have two this year and has three last year. The cutback is caused in someway by the high Air Passenger duty which was increasesd to £75 this year and goes to £82.50 in April.
        Last year it was £50.
        Brian

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X