• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

testing abilty to post a pic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

testing abilty to post a pic

Last edited by DUETTO, Staines; 10th October 2015, 04:41 PM.

after several edits and deleted pics got at it last. not post a pic for ages and had forgotton, hope to do a review of NCL Escape end of the month and time I had a refresher from my notes I made from delboys post back in jan2014.

Not the present Queen Victoria, this one is from 1887

Comment

Did they not stop the posting of pics to the site completely due to copyright,

only option now is a link to images elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        Did they not stop the posting of pics to the site completely due to copyright,

only option now is a link to images elsewhere.
        Really? I remember reading something but don't think that was the answer. Wasn't it a thread about copyright in another country or a possible new E.U rule that may come in?

How queen Vic has changed duetto, lol. Are you going to share any of your world cruise pics on return?

Comment

It was a pic I took this morning not copied from another web

Comment

Hawkinsmg
            I hope to bought a camera instead of using the phone like on last blog.

Comment

Cruise Dot stopped hosting images (where you upload them to this website) but have no problem with users embedding images that are hosted elsewhere. I see that Duetto has opted to use the very popular Imgur website for this purpose.

I think the idea was some concern that CD could be liable for hosting copyrighted content that they didn't have permission for.
              Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

I was not aware of any of this, perhaps james could chip and put us right.

Comment

I keep my photos on my computer, backed up to an external drive, I don't use a cloud of any kind. I have never been able to include photos on my posts and I've long since given up trying!

Comment

I keep mine on the computer too, only used imgur for the purpose of posting to the forum as you cannot post dirsect from a pc. Or has this changed it would be easier.

Now that duncan has posted not sure if I am doing it right know nothing about hosting images.

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
                      Cruise Dot stopped hosting images (where you upload them to this webFlickr or but have no problem with users embedding images that are hosted elsewhere. I see that Duetto has opted to use the very popular Imgur website for this purpose.I think the idea was some concern that CD could be liable for hosting copyrighted content that they didn't have permission for.
                      Ah yes I remember now thankyou duncan. So that why we have to use the annoyingly slow photo bucket. are flickr or others any faster?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
                        Ah yes I remember now thankyou duncan. So that why we have to use the annoyingly slow photo bucket. are flickr or others any faster?
                        I always use Flik'r, virtually instant just copy the URL on Flik'r and paste it into a post on the forum. Flik'r now keep a copy of your complete camera roll, and you have access to it wherever, it's up to you when and if you want to make any of those photos public.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

imgur is fast too

Comment

Originally posted by DUETTO, Staines View Post
                            It was a pic I took this morning not copied from another web
                            Looks like you have just put it on another web and linked to it.

That is different to posting a pic on this web site although it looks the same on the page.

That's the point I was making you can only include links to pic in other places.
                            Last edited by Topdeck, London; 10th October 2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

topdeck............. I seem to be slow here and missing the point. [not being a regular at posting pics]

are you saying no more pics in threads you just post to either photbucket/flikr/imgur then just post a link in the forum

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X