• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trial blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial blog

Trial blog entry

As a prelude to the Emerald Waterways cruise and my future daily blogs, this is a trial entry. I am writing this using word and will also insert some photos and then I’ll copy and paste to the forum and check the results.
    I have created a facebook page with some of Drew’s photos from our previous cruises and provide a link to them as I intend to put the bulk of our photos from the river cruise on there and want to check it works. I hope to incorporate the odd photo into the daily blog but because of the potential lack of wifi and therefore difficulty uploading, this, I hope, will be the best course of action. Thanks to all for their advice on this matter.

This is the facebook link to an album with photos of the various cruise ships that we have sailed on

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7555539&type=3

Cheers Drew and Linda

As you can see no photos inserted yet - tried the insert photo from computer but doesn't appear to work! Will try with URL next

Last edited by drewlin, wigan; 25th August 2014, 04:53 PM.
    Cheers Drew and Linda

Well done with the trial entry. Regards posting photographs I am sure you will get there in the end. I managed to post photographs with my blog on our free cruise.co.uk cruise last year but only with the help of forum members and I cannot remember how to do it now. Have a great cruise.
    Oriana
    Oceana
    Ventura
    Queen Mary 2
    Queen Victoria
    Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Just managed it. Glad I'm trying it out now!
      Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

Great Drewlin. Glad to see that you are going to be well prepared. You are doing the right thing by trying it out, good for you. One thing I would say though, is please dont put too many photos on facebook as a lot of us on here are facebook phobics. I dont subscribe to it and unless its available for all to access it would be a shame for us to miss out.
        I do hope you manage to make it work so we get lots of photos on the forum.
        x

Comment

Well done and the pictures are very nice ..Taffy
          ​Taffy

Comment

A tip - there is a special section for Cruise Blogs. I have seen quite a few blogs posted who havent yet picked up on the right topic section. Its about half a dozen titles up from the main page headers.

Comment

Well done.
              Oriana
              Oceana
              Ventura
              Queen Mary 2
              Queen Victoria
              Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Glad you managed to sort out the posting of photos, will look forward to reading your blog and viewing your photos, both on the forum and Facebook.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I get 'content unavailable' on facebook page ?
                  The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Is it how I am set up or Drewlins?

Comment

Just making sure
                    Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

I made my new facebook page public so thought it should be available for viewing but will look into flickr or similiar too.

Thanks Bradbury, I will be posting the actual blog on the Emerald Waterways section (as requested by Cruise.dot) but this is a test section to make sure that I can post especially the photos.
                      Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

I think Del can see them, so its probably how I've got permissions set on my page

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
                          I get 'content unavailable' on facebook page ?
                          The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Is it how I am set up or Drewlins?
                          I am getting exactly the same message which make me think you have to be a member of facebook to access or view it... I dont know?

Comment

Well done Drewlin, the only way I can post pictures on here, is to up load them to Facebook first and then transfer them to here. Looking forward to 'joining' you on your cruise............................................ .................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                              Great Drewlin. Glad to see that you are going to be well prepared. You are doing the right thing by trying it out, good for you. One thing I would say though, is please dont put too many photos on facebook as a lot of us on here are facebook phobics. I dont subscribe to it and unless its available for all to access it would be a shame for us to miss out.
                              I do hope you manage to make it work so we get lots of photos on the forum.
                              x
                              Too true and it's a forum blog, not a Facebook blog, unless I'm missing the point.

Those who have posted blogging photos on Fb have had an 'open' access so the non Fb amongst us could see the photographs. I see that will be the case for you too Drewlin so post them on Fb, but a few on the forum too please.

Good idea to have a trial run.
                              Last edited by Mrs M; 25th August 2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X