• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Test

[/URL]

[/URL]

Comment

[/URL]

Comment

You can put up to 20 photos in any one post they don't need seperate posts
        Pete

sigpic
        If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
          You can put up to 20 photos in any one post they don't need seperate posts
          Thanks, that's very helpful.

Comment

[/URL]

Comment

I have not fully mastered pics here. Can someone advise please. When i post a pic it appears as a link amongst the print rather than a displayed pic, what am i doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by DUETTO, Staines View Post
                I have not fully mastered pics here. Can someone advise please. When i post a pic it appears as a link amongst the print rather than a displayed pic, what am i doing wrong?
                If you read this thread you'll probably find the answer if not I'll need to know exactly what you're doing to say what to change

Are you uploading to the gallery or going via an online hosting site such as photobucket?

http://www.cruises.co.uk/1086-test_a..._urgently.html
                Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 14th December 2013, 01:47 PM.
                Pete

sigpic

Comment

pete

i clicked on the photo icon in the quick reply box, then linked it to the photo on my laptop.

Comment

YOu can't do a direct transfer from your laptop to the forum , you must go via a web based storage, I suggest you upload to the forum gallery and then copy the image from there as described on the thread I posted a link to (post #3)

Accesss the gallery from the "cruise gallery" button then create your own gallery under "members galleries"
                    Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 14th December 2013, 01:57 PM.
                    Pete

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                      YOu can't do a direct transfer from your laptop to the forum , you must go via a web based storage, I suggest you upload to the forum gallery and then copy the image from there as described on the thread I posted a link to (post #3)

Accesss the gallery from the "cruise gallery" button then create your own gallery under "members galleries"
                      Pete, I've managed it by copying the photo in my pictures storage thingy in the computer, then going to Paint [?] and re sizing the copied one [so I don't ruin the original] saving it and then uploading the file. Before, the 'file' was too big but after re sizing, it's an acceptable size.

Only taken me a couple of years to upload photos. They might be small...but they're there and perfectly formed!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                        Pete, I've managed it by copying the photo in my pictures storage thingy in the computer, then going to Paint [?] and re sizing the copied one [so I don't ruin the original] saving it and then uploading the file. Before, the 'file' was too big but after re sizing, it's an acceptable size.

Only taken me a couple of years to upload photos. They might be small...but they're there and perfectly formed!
                        Congratulatons . I look forward to bigger and better things from now on..

images do add so much to a post, and once you've mastered it you wonder why it appeared so daunting in the first place

resizing to 600 - 700 pixels width is about the right size for this forum
                        Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 14th December 2013, 02:32 PM.
                        Pete

sigpic

Comment

peter testing your advice. anyone id this sub, not sure if forum photos can be enlarged taken with phone camera.

Comment

Pete's method works, cheers Pete.

Last edited by Exdabtoe, Galston; 14th December 2013, 04:06 PM. Reason: lost text

Comment

Just testing thanks
                              Last edited by trevor432990, East Sussex; 14th December 2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X