• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise calling at Ijmuiden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise calling at Ijmuiden

We will be sailing with MSC on Baltic cruise in May 2014. Our first port is Ijmuiden and I am wondering if anyone has taken a train into Amsterdam and if so was it easy to do? Arriving in port at 10:30 and sailing at 18:00.
    Many thanks
    Judith

The Port Guide is here
    Port of Ijmuiden Travel, Transport: Travel Nearby Ijmuiden Port / Harbour, Netherlands

I have travelled from Amsterdam to The DFDS Ferry and did not find it easy. I do not know how far away the Cruise ships dock from the ferry bit.
    DFDS show
    IJmuiden - Amsterdam train connections

Train services are a less convenient method of transport for getting to Amsterdam city centre. The nearest Train station is Haarlem Central, you can reach this station by bus from IJmuiden. First take bus ‘74’ to ‘Plein 1945’ and then at this point take bus ‘75’ to ‘Haarlem Centraal’.

For more details on train travel in Holland please visit: Home | NS .

I used the Flying ferry from Amsterdam to Pontplein then caught a bus 82 outside, even that meant a 10 min walk to the ferry terminal
    Fast Flying Ferry - Connexxion Water

I Believe that the flying ferry is ceasing operation at the end of 2013
    Last edited by pennbank, UK; 4th November 2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Many thanks - I thought it would be reasonably difficult - I will investigate possible other more local places that may be of interest.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X