• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the blooming point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the blooming point

Has anyone looked at the latest “Members List”?

It is a total nonsense.

There are apparently 39,381 members and the majority write in Cyrillic or gobbledegook; so completely incomprehensible to the vast majority of normal users. All of these have the same joining date as their leaving date, No posts, No reputation, whatever that means and similarly just “Private Message” written underneath the heading “Messaging”

Trying to find my own name and working description was impossible let alone that of any other member.

Once more: It is a total nonsense and cruisedot should be ashamed that they have not seemingly noticed this let alone amended it.

What is this site coming to for goodness sake.

Disgustedly yours……Neil

I had a look for my name Neil and eventually found it, but most of the names I looked at had no posts or there was a few who posted once. Cruise dot needs to delete the ones who haven’t posted and the ones who appear to be scammers. Mind you I don’t look up members list normally.
    Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 29th October 2019, 09:40 PM.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I doubt they will amend it Neil,

39,000 Members looks so much more impressive on their advertising.

Of course, that only applies to those who are impressed with advertising blurb.............Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

Must be the laid back in me again.

Can't say I'm bothered.

Comment

I’m not really bothered but I agree with Wilbas thoughts.
          Past cruises:
          Carnival Conquest October 2002
          Independence of the Seas October 2012
          Independence of the Seas May 2014
          Explorer of the Seas June 2015
          Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

I used to care. I used to care a lot and was very vocal about it but caring got me nowhere and so now I still care about the forum and the lovely friends I've made, both actual and online but stuff such as lurkers/sleepers/spammers and those who can only communicate in Cyrillic or Aramaic? They go right over my head!!
            Can't get a.s.d about them.
            If the company needs them for online advertising figures, well that's up to them. Doesn't bother me now at all.

resubmitted.

Comment

If you click on the Members list and open it up. In the title headings where it states POSTS - click on this and it will sort ascending or descending or back to alphabetical depending on how many times you click it.
              I always work on this basis then you can see in the first few pages who the most prevalent posters are.

Before they changed the format of the forum a year or whenever it was ago, the default was set thus that rather than being alphabetical listing it defaulted to the highest poster first. Time they changed it as I agree it looks pretty bad when you take a look with all the rubbish.

Comment

Hi Neil
                That's nothing compared to the sales pages which are in the worst mess I've ever seen.
                Just got an email for X cruises from Southampton for Oct 2020..the first on the list was a fly cruise from Dubai.
                The second was an Edge TA for Nov. this year.
                The forum isn't their core business but selling cruises most certainly is..
                Such a shame and as discussed numerous times most of us won't use their search engine as it's cack.

Regards
                Garf.

Comment

I can’t say I have ever looked at the members' list. The few people who post regularly are far more important than those I wouldn’t be able to understand if they did post. I have yet to find a really good cruise website, although V to Go has a good search engine. The Celebrity website greets me with Hello Christopher and Princess has lost all my past cruises. It’s a good thing the cruise experience is better than the web sites!

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
                    I can’t say I have ever looked at the members' list. The few people who post regularly are far more important than those I wouldn’t be able to understand if they did post. I have yet to find a really good cruise website, although V to Go has a good search engine. The Celebrity website greets me with Hello Christopher and Princess has lost all my past cruises. It’s a good thing the cruise experience is better than the web sites!

Sheila
                    I use this list to remind me of what I wrote in some of my "List" threads in which I have lots of facts and information so for me that section is important. .....Neil
                    Last edited by Neil Down, Southampton; 29th October 2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post

I use this lis to remind me of what I wrote in some of my "List" threads in which I have lots of facts and information so for me that section is important. .....Neil
                      Fair enough Neil. If it has value to you you want it to be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                        If you click on the Members list and open it up. In the title headings where it states POSTS - click on this and it will sort ascending or descending or back to alphabetical depending on how many times you click it.
                        I always work on this basis then you can see in the first few pages who the most prevalent posters are.

Before they changed the format of the forum a year or whenever it was ago, the default was set thus that rather than being alphabetical listing it defaulted to the highest poster first. Time they changed it as I agree it looks pretty bad when you take a look with all the rubbish.
                        I can find my posts by clicking on my Header Name but I cannot find my previous threads and this is my main reason for using it. I don't normally need those posts just the threads section but I suppose that went when the change came. Such a bind.

It hasn't changed my mind though ..... It is a total nonsense. .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post

I can find my posts by clicking on my Header Name but I cannot find my previous threads and this is my main reason for using it. I don't normally need those posts just the threads section but I suppose that went when the change came. Such a bind.

It hasn't changed my mind though ..... It is a total nonsense. .....Neil
                          Right another hidden in a different place to where it was before they changed the layout...................
                          • so click on your name
                          • This brings up a profile page with header tabs : Activities / About / Media / Infractions ( Depending on where you click name from it might be headed Activities Subscriptions About and Media)
                          • Click on the About Tab
                          • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a section called Links
                          • Under this you can click on Started Topics / Started Threads/ etc etc
                          You can then sort these by various means
                          Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 29th October 2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

That's 39k is a page count

There are actually 127,000 members.

I started a project to track the life time of the members and posted on this a while back on what the real live membership count was at any one time.

​​​​​​Less than 15000 ever posted if I recall correctly.

The next phase was to filter out the fake members that never posted or accessed the forum but the forum changed so I can't access the data(i can but it is harder).

I still have the old data so could use that to estimate the live member totals (posted/accessed more than one) and the current active counts(been seen in say the last 12 months.

Comment

I had a look at the list of members a long while ago just out of curiosity. I’m afraid to say that it has more padding than Kim Kardashian’s bum! There appear to be hundreds if not thousands of spurious “members” that I eventually gave up looking. Real posters keep on posting and one hopes that currently “quiet” posters ( of the friendly variety) keep looking in from time to time. Will anything be done to update the list properly? Probably not. I enjoy talking to the forum members and hope that we can keep this site going even if other parts of it are seriously lacking. Take note Amar!

Take care, Helen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X