• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Sticky' topics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Sticky' topics

I've noticed that some of the posts now put on the site by the administrators are 'STICKY' topics.

What are these....does anyone know what it means and why are they different.

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    I've noticed that some of the posts now put on the site by the administrators are 'STICKY' topics.

What are these....does anyone know what it means and why are they different.
    Yes, it means that these topics are deemed 'very important' by the posters (i.e. the Administrators) and they will always appear at the top of the lists of topics. Well, it is their forum after all... ;)

Comment

Thanks Dave, I knew someone would know.
      Cant quite see the logic though in the ones they have made sticky as they are current news which will be old news in a few weeks, so why have them stick at the top all the while.

Sorry still a bit confused.
      I like to get my logical head around things.

Comment

like to get my logical head around things

Cant quite see the logic though in the ones they have made sticky as they are current news which will be old news in a few weeks, so why have them stick at the top all the while.

Hummm how do i say this without offending, or maybe youv'e hit the nail on the head (sticky Subject) but being a man, are you really sure that the term.Women and Logical, really does apply, Sticky one lol :p

Comment

I ignore them largely..

I hardly ever read the silly things.

I don't even see them anymore -are they there somewhere?

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post
            Hummm how do i say this without offending, or maybe youv'e hit the nail on the head (sticky Subject) but being a man, are you really sure that the term.Women and Logical, really does apply, Sticky one lol :p
            Hey Brian, Looking at my Avatar you may think I look like a dizzy blonde! but I'm quite clever really...honest;)

Comment

Wrong spelling/preference

I must admit that I prefer Sticky Toffee or even Stocky Tiffin to Sticky Topics. ....Neil

ps Brian.....Don't go there. Neil

Comment

Don't go there

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                I must admit that I prefer Sticky Toffee or even Stocky Tiffin to Sticky Topics. ....Neil

ps Brian.....Don't go there. Neil
                Oh noooooooo. have i put my foot in it again what about toffee apples or candy floss there well sticky...:D

Comment

Lol i'm sure you are (thinking to myself iv'e got away with it ,, phew) and about the Avatars, do i really look like mine......

Comment

Better half

Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post
                    Lol i'm sure you are (thinking to myself iv'e got away with it ,, phew) and about the Avatars, do i really look like mine......
                    I love it, Brian, but does Wilma? . ....Neil

Comment

Yes, and with more and more stickies appearing every day, anything we mere mortals post under LATEST NEWS & HOT TOPICS starts off further down the list of topics.

I would respectfully ask the administrators to let topics sink or swim on their merits, not on who thinks they're worthy of attention...

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X