• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having real trouble with this forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I don't think the OP was being critical just asking a question??

Annie
    I wasn't talking about the OP at all, just expressing my opinion.
    Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
      I have learned to live with some of the little quirks on this new style forum.

Let's face it, we are never going to get perfection from any format or provider and there is always more than one way to skin a car, if you will excuse the expression.

Maybe it is because I am not a techie that I just have learned to live with what we have, without being critical of things that are not perfect.
      Never heard of 'skinning a car'

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post

It's a contemporary phrase [so contemporary it was coined today] which describes an extremely minor fender ******!
        Edit

Oh for goodness sake, the ****** is part of the American phrase which begins fender and then bend and has er after it
        Last edited by Mrs M; 14th November 2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post

Thanks for that because I needed a laugh. I meant cat of course.

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by zopadooper, skegness (2) View Post

We had a similar problem so we changed to an aerial on the roof that has a microwave link directly to the fibre hub. It works fine for us but it does need a direct line of site with no obstacles. A friend of mine just up the road was unable to use the same system because a tree was in the way!
            I now have a vision in my head of a microwave on the roof. I won't have solar panels as I think they look ugly A microwave would be even worse lol. Seriously I don't think it would work as we live in a bungalow and 5he hub thing is quite a ling way away. We have decided to stay with the same provider and upgrade to the fibre optic. They have said the speed will be 71 and we have only 12 now. It has been really bad cutting out today. We have to wait 2 weeks to get it fitted

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post

I now have a vision in my head of a microwave on the roof. I won't have solar panels as I think they look ugly A microwave would be even worse lol. Seriously I don't think it would work as we live in a bungalow and 5he hub thing is quite a ling way away. We have decided to stay with the same provider and upgrade to the fibre optic. They have said the speed will be 71 and we have only 12 now. It has been really bad cutting out today. We have to wait 2 weeks to get it fitted
              If you get anywhere near 71 you should ha no problems. We are getting around 60 and we have, 6 computers, phones, tv, film streaming, online gaming all going on with no problems

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post

I now have a vision in my head of a microwave on the roof. I won't have solar panels as I think they look ugly A microwave would be even worse lol.
                Personally, I think that coal and biomass fired power stations complete with their huge vapour clouds look far more ugly than a few solar panels on a roof or even a field-full. Equally I have no problem with wind turbines because they do what they are designed to do without causing pollution. My microwave looks just like a Sky dish on a pole but even if it was a box that went round and round and pinged every 3 minutes I would still use it if it gave me the service I required. You will tell us next that you prefer your pony and trap to the new fangled motor car!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

It's a contemporary phrase [so contemporary it was coined today] which describes an extremely minor fender ******!
                  Edit

Oh for goodness sake, the ****** is part of the American phrase which begins fender and then bend and has er after it
                  Everyone is on good form today! I don’t think I would like to try and skin a car as it would take too long and I’d break my nails 😉. The second part of your phrase Mrs M also stands for a rather prolonged period of drinking alcohol. Would the moderator blip it out with asterisks in that instance?

Take care, Helen

Comment

Thanks everyone. Managed to get in and at the moment all ok.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X