• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrade - Test Features & Raise Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Upgrade - Test Features & Raise Issues

Good morning all,

As you can see the transition to the new Forum was made and completed successfully.

I have seen that a few of you have already been playing around with the new forum and testing features. I thought I would create this topic so everyone can test any features that they would like to and raise any issues/bugs that you may find so that our IT team can work to resolve them.

If you see fellow forum members enquiring about certain features that you know how to use, remember to share your answers with them so we can all make the best use of our Forum.

Thanks,
    Amar

Comment

It might be an idea to mention how you are viewing the forum as depending on whether its a PC, tablet or phone, Apple device (even different browsers) as it could well be producing a different effect.
      Currently on my work PC it all look s very clean but it lacks an unread posts button in the very enthusiastic drop down menu that takes up the whole screen when you hover over it. I'm finding that a real nuisance at the moment.
      Avatars are showing in the latest topics menu but not in the posts themselves.
      Unlike Duncan, I am not a big fan of the appearance on my phone. Navigation is awkward and the menu is not always obvious to me.
      www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Morning Amar
        Can the colour of the user names be changed to something more user friendly please.
        I have trouble seeing the light blue on grey
        Thanks in advance
        Garfield

Edit
        I keep getting an error message when trying to post this reply and have to refresh the page to see if it has posted.
        Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 12th September 2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

In the notifications at the top of the page, is that showing replies to your posts or to a new thread that you started? .................................................. .....................Carol

Comment

My above came up with an error .After checking on my phone it has been posted .

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post
              My above came up with an error .After checking on my phone it has been posted .
              Hi Wansbrough
              I gave up on my phone..the mobile site especially is awful.

Comment

It might be an idea to mention how you are viewing the forum as depending on whether its a PC, tablet or phone, Apple device (even different browsers) as it could well be producing a different effect.
                Currently on my work PC it all look s very clean but it lacks an unread posts button in the very enthusiastic drop down menu that takes up the whole screen when you hover over it. I'm finding that a real nuisance at the moment.
                Avatars are showing in the latest topics menu but not in the posts themselves.
                Unlike Duncan, I am not a big fan of the appearance on my phone. Navigation is awkward and the menu is not always obvious to me.
                That would be useful to know the device and browsers that you are having any issues on so we can look for specific fixes if an issue is only occurring on a certain device/browser.

Thanks for your feedback on the new forum, I will pass the comments that you have mentioned about the avatars and friendliness of the forum on mobile to the IT team.

Comment

For glitches, please see Jill's ''New Forum'' thread.

How many users, like me went to the new post list every day.Now it seems one has to do a trawl of various sections of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Amar, Cruise Co View Post
                    Good morning all,

As you can see the transition to the new Forum was made and completed successfully.

I have seen that a few of you have already been playing around with the new forum and testing features. I thought I would create this topic so everyone can test any features that they would like to and raise any issues/bugs that you may find so that our IT team can work to resolve them.

If you see fellow forum members enquiring about certain features that you know how to use, remember to share your answers with them so we can all make the best use of our Forum.

Thanks,
                    Amar
                    Has all the old data been archived??

The post count displayed against a member appears very low.

Where are the games threads??

Annie

Comment

I'm having trouble with posting using my iPad. It has shut me out several times and is unbelievably slow. I have got the error message several times. I'm afraid I don't like it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                        Morning Amar
                        Can the colour of the user names be changed to something more user friendly please.
                        I have trouble seeing the light blue on grey
                        Thanks in advance
                        Garfield

Edit
                        I keep getting an error message when trying to post this reply and have to refresh the page to see if it has posted.
                        Morning Garfield,

I will pass the note of colour scheme on to the IT team. What does everyone else think of the user name being blue and backdrop being grey?

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Has all the old data been archived??

The post count displayed against a member appears very low.

Where are the games threads??

Annie
                          Shhhhhhh. Why bring that up? Its one of the few positives.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                            In the notifications at the top of the page, is that showing replies to your posts or to a new thread that you started? .................................................. .....................Carol
                            Hi Carol,

These notifications are for the threads you are involved in as I have received a few myself, some of which from threads I have started myself and others which I am subscribed to.

Comment

Shhhhhhh. Why bring that up? Its one of the few positives.
                              Just an observation.

Another observation is processing time for a post appears to be very long??

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X