TURNER - Answered a Question by Caine (09 Aug 08 04:04)

How come us brits cant have the same rights is this just another way to fleece us ?

Wilba - replied to TURNER (09 Aug 08 07:23)

You do have the same rights!! Did you read my previous answers on this page. There is nothing stopping YOU booking through an American agent & receiving the same privileges.

Dinnage - replied to Wilba (09 Aug 08 10:41)

In answer to this you have to remember you add flights to any american cruise you cannot get fly cruise packages,they are not allowed to book flights for non us citizens.

Wilba - replied to Dinnage (09 Aug 08 10:50)

Yes, if you click on oldest first button, you will see I already covered this fact.

pilgrim - replied to Wilba (09 Aug 08 13:09)

I think you will find that once you have given a UK address to an American agent especially for a Princess Cruise they will refuse your booking. If you go on to the other cruise critic website which a lot of Americans use us Brits have commented on it many times. Certainly in the past it wasn't a problem but in the past year they have clamped right down.

BURTON - replied to Wilba (10 Aug 08 06:35)

Havng recently tried to book a cruise via an America Agent I was in formed that several cruise companies will not allow uk citizens to book via an American company. THE PRICE POSTED BY THIS COMPANY WERE CONSIDERABLY CHEAPER THAN THEIR UK COUNTERPART. ARE WE BEING RIPPED OFF?

Wilba - replied to BURTON (10 Aug 08 09:42)

If you had read all of this post (there are now 3 pages) this has already been covered. In the main it's the 'British' companies P&O. Princess. Cunard.

Fellows - Answered a Question by Caine (09 Aug 08 08:27)

I am a British and American Citizen, now living back in England after being in the U.S.A. for over 30 years. I would be very surprised if people are able to cancel a booked holiday with no penalty. Having just been over in America I found that people are certainly cutting back on luxuries, holidays being one of them. They do not have the benefits that we British do when times get tough. I would imagine that we could get some good deals on the U.S. based cruises.

Wilba - replied to Fellows (09 Aug 08 09:02)

Don't be surprised !! It's FACT!! I think some of you are generalising. It's far more likely to be a cruise agents specific option, no one's saying it's some blanket ruling across the USA. I know of two US agents that offer this 'deal' that doesn't mean they all do. Yes you can get good deals, todays offer 7 nights Mexican Riviera Oct 240 quid, but you have 24 hours to book these type of deals. No waiting to ask the boss on Monday morning for time off, it's gone!

Vandenplas - Answered a Question by Caine (09 Aug 08 09:55)

It is true that on American cruises you will get a deposit refund if you cancel depending on WHEN you cancel. Personally I think it is fair enough to lose some of your deposit or even all of it if you cancel near departure time when it would be difficult to re-sell places on a cruise, but on British cruises there is no question of a refund at all no matter when you cancel and that is just outright robbery as far as I am concerned. When my friend died unexpectedly a year ahead of our reserved cruise and even though I cancelled a YEAR in advance, I am neither able to get a refund or get paid from cancellation insurance,(this on the grounds that we did not have the same insurance) and legally it is correct. You do get very good deals cruising on American ships and with the dollar so low they are a good buy, but the difference is that on British cruises air fares are included which is not the case with American cruise lines. Also a lot of British cruises give quite large on-board credit incentives, again not always the case elsewhere. I have just returned from cruising Alaska with the Holland-America Line aboard the Ryndam which was fantastic and the service absolutely impeccable, with a spotlessly clean ship and excellent food. This was a mixed age group of people including families with children, some quite disabled people, small babies, retired people like me, but there was plety to do for everyone. If I have a complaint it is just that if you decide to eat late you miss some of the entertainment.

Warlow - Answered a Question by Caine (09 Aug 08 15:32)

I don't believe the Americans are not travelling because of exchange rates, I believe,the simple truth is they are all extremely afraid of terrorists,they unfortunately thought it was patriotic to fund terrorism for over 50 years against the UK. Boyo.

Daily Top 10 Deals

• NEW! Beijing, Japan & Ultimate Vietnam with Ho Chi Minh City

Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas - 4 Oct 2019 - 16nts

Fly UK to Beijing (2nt 4* Hotel Stay) : Embark Quantum of the Seas : Tianjin : Fukuoka (Japan) : Taipei (Keelung) : Hong Kong : Hue/Danang (Vietnam) : Nha Trang (Vietnam) : Ho Chi Minh (Phu My) : Singapore : Fly UK

Now from £1849pp for an Ocean View

• Book Today for a £100 Voucher to use towards your next cruise!*

Click To View All Celebrity Cruises From Southampton >

• Amsterdam Taster Cruise with FREE Spend

Cruise & Maritime - Columbus - 11 Dec 2018 - 2nts

London Tilbury : Amsterdam : London Tilbury

Now from £169pp

• £20pc Free Onboard Spend - Book An Ocean View for £30pc, Balcony £50pc and Suite £100pc
    • Plus £100 Voucher to Use Towards Your Next Cruise!*