Introducing Ionafest 2020 – an extraordinary experience on board P&O Cruises Iona that guarantees to be a festival celebration like no other!
Ionafest 2020 will feature some of today’s biggest music artists, an astonishing naming celebration, street-food-style pop-ups and bars inspired by foodie fantasies, and to crown it all…Norway’s awe-inspiring fjords as the breath-taking backdrop.
Get ready to swap a sea of tents for sublime mountain peaks and shimmering blue waters. Savour panoramic views and luxurious accommodation after full days exploring out-of-this-world destinations. What better way to celebrate P&O Cruises innovative new flagship! Headliner and full lineup to be announced soon, but here’s what we know so far…
Day one will launch with a naming ceremony like no other with incredible acts already confirmed: Clean Bandit, Trevor Nelson, Sara Cox, Chris Ramsey, Jo Whiley, and Alex James. The day will build to the famous bottle smash, and for those who don’t want the night to end, an after-party promises to keep the celebrations in full force.
Entertainment over the 7 days includes:
- One of the UK’s most established DJs and presenters Sara Cox will be hosting in the Heartbeat (Grand Atrium)
- World-class and exclusive performances from some of today’s biggest music artists on the Main Stage Headliners Theatre
- Live music on the Main Sky Stage (SkyDome), spanning two decks with its impressive glass roof you’re sure to be dancing ’til the sun sets
- Open-air screenings to allow you to enjoy entertainment under the star or amidst the phenomenal landscape of the Norwegian Fjords
- Strictly Special Guest Night – with Strictly judge Motsi Mabuse, and Strictly Pro Dancer Amy Dowden you’ll be in for an incredible evening of pure entertainment
- Not forgetting karaoke, adult face-painting and you can even don your headphones to attend the silent disco!
For you foodies out there, there will be a multitude of venues to choose from:
- Pop-up food and bars – Takeaway take-overs drizzled in dreams… think pizza, halloumi fries, sweet treats and pre-made mixers ready to make your street-food fantasies a reality.
- Taste 360 – For light bites from around the world, pay Taste 360 a visit and see more incredible street-food-style dishes whipped up before your eyes.
- Gelato – Head to Ripples on the Promenade Deck or Sundaes in the SkyDome where P&O Cruises are partnering with Snowflake Luxury Gelato – an award-winning company with an innovative streak. You can take your pick from gelato cakes, sundaes, customisable sticks, cookies and the creamiest milkshakes.
- The Olive Grove – Here’s where the flavours of the Med truly come to life! It’s the ideal venue for all-day relaxed and delicious dining.
- The Keel and Cow – The laid-back spot for gastropub food, hand-pumped real ales and a great selection of craft beers.
- Anderson’s – Discover P&O Cruises unique on-board gin distillery – the very first to exist at sea! Anderson’s is home to Iona’s custom-made gin still which allows our unique blend to be distilled, bottled and labelled on board
What’s more – this huge music line up, world-class performers and cast variety of entertainment are all included in the price for Ionafest 2020. Many events will be happening simultaneously, so you’ll have to make the difficult decision of which to attend!
Ionafest 2020 will take place onboard Iona 4th July 2020.
Guaranteed to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, Ionafest 2020 is on sale 9th December 2019 at 10 am. Can’t wait that long? Click here to register your interest now.
Everything You Need To Know About P&O Cruises New Ship…Iona It’s everything you’ve been waiting for, all the details we know about P&O Iona ahead of her debut on the 14th May…
10 Reasons To Book With P&O Cruises P&O Cruises have been a favourite for British passengers since they began way back in the 1850s
// END - About the Author ?>