With the recent launch of MSC Meraviglia, the line’s newest and most exciting ship yet, guests thought the exciting announcements were over.
But MSC have just released details of 19 additional Mediterranean shore excursions and complimentary services to please passengers, including five exclusive tours just for guests of Meraviglia.
Head of Global Port Development and Shore Side Activities, Gianluca Suprani, has commented “Discovery is at the centre of what we do. Being able to discover multiple destinations without having to repack a suitcase is the main reason that a cruising holiday is so attractive to guests and we are delighted to be further enhancing exploration options for guests once they step ashore.
Not only are we introducing new and exclusive shore excursions, but our new Port Info service is something truly ground-breaking, not offered as a complimentary service by any other cruise line.”
Port Info Service
This introduction of a new, complimentary Port Info service will offer guests a one stop destination support service whilst the Port Info desk will aid guests in making the very most of every itinerary destination by offering personal, tailored and expert information on what to see, where to eat, where to visit and how to get there.
Not only this, but the desk will also help guests to book local transportation such as train tickets, taxis or car hire to get them where they want to go or create private tours and experiences.
This is an especially invaluable service in countries where guests don’t speak the local language and in addition to this, Port Info onboard crew members have been personally trained by these local experts so that they can offer tailored information and advice from personal experience.
The new concept will also highlight local events, festivals and parades encouraging guests to discover the local culture and traditions. Where possible, ship port times will be adjusted to allow enough time for guests to fully experience events and get the very most out of their visit.
But MSC haven’t stopped there; to further enhance the discovery of destinations for guests, the line has also added 19 new shore excursions, five of which are exclusive to the newest ship.
These excursions have been especially developed for families and food lovers, with something to suit all ages and a focus on allowing guests to experience their destinations in new and exciting ways.
MSC Meraviglia exclusive shore excursions:
- Genoa: go behind the scenes on an exclusive tour at Italy‘s largest aquarium where guests can witness marine laboratories, plankton farming and jellyfish not usually accessible to the public
- Messina: discover some of the city’s sights including Cristo Re Church which dominates Messina’s harbour, Piazza del Duomo and its golden Bell Tower and nearby the Cathedral. Along the way, stop off at a number of small bars and restaurants to taste arancine (rice balls) and cannoli, a local pastry roll filled with sweet cream. End the day with a little tipple of passito, a local sweet liquor wine made from raisins
- Naples: experience Italy like a local with highlights of the city complemented with coffee, pastry & pizza. Taste the freshet Neapolitan pizza in the San Gregorio Armeno region, then stop to taste Scaturchio to taste the “sweet” of Naples and the famous sfogliatella (a typical Neapolitan cake), finish the day off with an authentic Neapolitan coffee at the Gran Cafè Gambrinus
New family tours:
- Naples: discover the ancient city of Pompeii through an educational tour of the once thriving city frozen in time thousands of years ago after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius – wrap up the adventure with a fun question-and-answer game for the children
- Messina: take in the sights of the city before visiting farm Villare’, famed for its barefoot walking path that lets you feel nature through five senses: Touch, Hearing, Smell, Sight and Taste—ending with a tasting of organic and local products
- Barcelona: take to the hills and highest point in the city with its enchanting views, and then thrill the children with the city’s only amusement park, Tibidabo Park with its Sky Walk rides and rollercoasters
New foodie tours:
- Naples: discover one of the city’s best-kept secrets in the historical quarter – baking handmade pizza on the city’s subterranean geothermal rock, hot enough to bake pizza to perfection. The personal creation becomes lunch with the ability to taste some of the areas flavoursome ingredients
- Barcelona: enjoy a truly unique gastronomic experience in the first and world’s only museum dedicated exclusively to Iberian ham where it, of course, ends in a tasting session
- Malta: board a motorboat to embark on a relaxing sail along the scenic Maltese coastline, passing much of Valletta’s iconic waterfront sights including its Cottonera area made up of Senglea, Cospicua and Vittoriosa – collectively known as The Three Cities. Finish with a treat for the taste buds with a unique wine-tasting session with a view
MSC Meraviglia launched just last month and the cruise line has announced plans to extend new Port Service fleet-wide.
But what do you think of MSC‘s newest ship? Do you have plans to sail with her? Do you like the sound of the newly-released shore excursions? How about the new Port Service? leave us your thoughts and comments!
25 Facts Guaranteed To Make You Excited About MSC Meravglia The ship to have three home ports (Genoa, Barcelona and Marseille), the ship to accommodate 5,714 guests, the ship to have had 1,800 people working on…
Harmony VS Meraviglia: Which Ship Is The Smartest? It is set to be MSC’s most high-tech ship with its partnership with Samsung and the biggest LED dome ever to exist on a ship, so www.CRUISE.co.uk have put Meraviglia head to head with Harmony of the Seas. Which ship is the smartest?