*Update as of 27/2/19*
Princess has just revealed the official dates that three out of five ships will become Ocean Medallion enabled this year:
Royal Princess (April 13th 2019)
Crown Princess (July 24th 2019)
Sky Princess (October 12th 2019)
Princess Cruises has just announced that three more of its ships will be fully Princess Medallion activated.
Royal Princess, Crown Princess and Sky Princess will be included in this, meaning five ships in the fleet will then feature the award-winning technology.
The Medallion will be available on Crown Princess in July when she sails the British Isles from Southampton, followed by Royal Princess in April as she departs for her maiden Alaska season.
Sky Princess is yet to join the fleet but once she does in October, she will be Medallion-ready.
The latest Princess addition will embark on her maiden season in the Mediterranean before heading to the Caribbean and this will also mean all of the line’s Caribbean-based ships will have full Medallion services from this Autumn.
The Medallion is the same size as a 10p piece, is fully-automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function.
Guests can expect the features to include:
– A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process, guaranteeing quicker and easier access to the ship
– Keyless stateroom access
– Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests (staff can see individual food and beverage preferences for a more personalised service)
– On-demand beverage delivery! There will be the option order drinks and have them delivered directly to guests’ whereabouts across the ship and to their stateroom
– OceanCompass, which offers interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate their group and children
– Easy payment for merchandise, drinks, shore excursions and other onboard services
– Access for guests to their real-time itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
– Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel and the top deck ‘Movies Under The Stars’ screen, including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
– Various casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
The three newly-announced ships will join the already Meallion-enabled vessels in the fleet, Caribbean Princess and Regal Princess.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “Having recently travelled on Caribbean Princess I can say first-hand that guests are finding their holidays enhanced with Princess Medallion as a new and memorable experience.
This will include everyone who sails with us to the Caribbean this autumn and winter.
Starting in April, we will continue the expansion to a total of five Princess Medallion ships expected this year, as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation.
We look forward to bringing the experience to new groups for the first time, such as those sailing to destinations in Alaska and Mexico.”
Just last July, Princess announced a new suite category guests could expect to be onboard Sky Princess.
The Sky Suites will be located at the top of the ship with 270-degree views and the luxury of enjoying Movies Under The Stars without even leaving their rooms.
Sky Princess will debut this year in the Mediterranean and Caribbean carrying 3,660 guests and 1,346 crew members.
What do you think of Princess making more ships Medallion-activated? Are you excited for this fantastic piece of technology? Which feature would you be most excited to use? Let us know below!
A Wine List Like No Other As Princess Collaborates With Established Expert Princess’ new wine options include biodynamic, organic and vegan and it is…
First Wave Of New Features Announced For Enchanted Princess! Just like sister ship Sky Princess, Enchanted Princess will boast two new ‘Sky Suites’ and…