Building some of the biggest ships in the world, Royal Caribbean never ceases to amaze us when it comes to creating even bigger ships for us to enjoy. So when they announced Wonder of the Seas, we were beyond excited to find out exactly what this new Oasis-class ship had in store for us.
Wonder is the fifth ship in Royal Caribbean’s renowned Oasis Class. With a gross tonnage of 236,857, the ship features a total of 18 decks and 2,867 staterooms to accommodate up to 6,988 guests.
Wonder of the Seas will be the first of its kind to be designed with eight unique neighbourhoods, introducing the new Suite Neighborhood alongside returning favourites Central Park, the open-air AquaTheater, sporting a new look and where jaw-dropping, high-diving acrobatic and aquatic performances take place; Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea; and a 25-meter zip line 10 decks above the Boardwalk neighbourhood.
Eight Distinct Neighbourhoods & Highlights
- Central Park – The first living park at sea, home to more than 20,000 plants — not to mention some of the fleet’s most coveted speciality restaurants and high-end boutiques. Travellers can unwind in one of the many nooks tucked away in this open-air oasis during the day or drop by in the evening for live music under the stars.
- Boardwalk – Family-friendly fun abounds on Boardwalk, a stretch at the end of the ship that is outside and always buzzing with activity. The can’t-miss features and experiences include twin rock-climbing walls, a classic carousel and deck-defying AquaTheater shows.
- Pool & Sports Zone – It is all about the action in this neighbourhood. Travellers can catch waves on the fan-favourite FlowRider, soak up rays in any one of the pools and whirlpools, soar while on the 10-deck-high zip line, and brave a 10-story plunge down Ultimate Abyss. Friends, old and new, and families can also go head-to-head on the basketball or volleyball courts or tee off in a round of mini-golf.
- Royal Promenade – The pulsing heart of the ship, where shopping, dining and entertainment come together. In the morning, guests can drop by for a cup of tea or coffee. As the day goes on, they can watch and dance as the signature neighbourhood comes alive with pop-up musicians and performers.
- Entertainment Place – Where world-class performers light up the stage night after night in headline shows and original productions at the Royal Theater, breathtaking ice-skating spectaculars and more. Travellers can even choose to brave the stage themselves at Spotlight Karaoke by belting out their favourite tunes in front of a live audience.
- Vitality Spa & Fitness Center – Here is the place to charge up the day or recharge the spirit. The dedicated spa and fitness centre offers a lineup of dynamic exercise classes within the full-scale gym and indulgent spa treatments designed for the ultimate relaxation. It’s also home to Vitality Café, which serves up a menu of light and tasty fares like nutrient-rich smoothies and fresh sandwiches.
- Youth Zone – Even the littlest explorers will find plenty of adventure just for them. Home to the award-winning Adventure Ocean youth program and a nursery for infants and toddlers, this colourful, action-packed area is full of innovative common spaces, educational activities, games and other thrills. Young adults have their dedicated teens spaces too, where adults and younger kids can’t cramp their style.
Wonder is the first Oasis Class ship with an eighth neighbourhood – one just for suite guests. The new neighbourhood provides a private experience like no other, featuring world-class dining, a new sun deck for unparalleled ocean views, a private lounge and restaurant and much more. Moreover, loved ones can make it the getaway of a lifetime when they book the expansive and beloved Ultimate Family Suite.
Things To Do
There is so much to keep guests entertained whilst onboard Wonder of the Seas. From stuff specifically for the kids and stuff for all the family to enjoy. Here’s just a snippet of what you can expect to see whilst onboard;
- Playscape – The all-new underwater-themed Playscape is kitted out with slides, climbing walls games and puzzles for all ages to explore and enjoy.
- Pool deck – Soak up the sun, chill in the shade, get your adrenaline fix or grab a cocktail from the two-storey poolside bar The Lime & Coconut℠. For a little bit of privacy, why not upgrade and reserve one of the poolside casitas?
- Tallest slide at sea – Are you brave enough to take on the tallest slide at sea? For thrill-seekers only, plunge 10 storeys into darkness and slide your way into some serious fun.
- Spotlight Karaoke – This brand new venue is great for those who love to perform. Spotlight Karaoke has thousands of songs to choose from and with a dedicated MC, you can really bring the house down with your performance. If your group are looking for a little more privacy, you can host your own show in one of the private rooms.
- Comedy Club – Fancy a laugh? The comedy club has got all the jokes you need with their intimate Comedy Club. This adult-only venue plays hosts to guest comedians on board to keep you entertained all evening long.
- Hooked SeafoodSM – If you want to snag a real taste of New England-style seafood, Hooked Seafood is the spot. Find your favourite coastal flavours, like crispy golden Maryland crab cakes, melt-in-your-mouth Maine Lobster rolls or just-shucked oysters and other raw bar favourites.
- El Loco Fresh – If you’re craving Mexican food, hit El Loco Fresh for some true Mexican staples including loaded nachos, savoury tacos and burritos stuffed with beef chicken or pork.
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi – From fresh sushi to delicious teppanyaki prepared tableside, Izumi Hibachi & Sushi offers a dialled-up Asian-inspired dining experience. Savour a wide variety of hot and cold appetizers, entrees, and desserts — and watch each course come together as an expert chef works right at your table.
- Wonderland – The dishes at Wonderland are both a feast for the eyes and the stomach. The food here pushes culinary boundaries with a menu to tantalize your tastebuds including crispy crab cones topped with fluffy avocado mousse and gazpacho served with pepper spheres and bread foam.