Building some of the biggest ships in the world, Royal Caribbean never ceases to amaze us when it comes to creating even bigger ships for us to enjoy. So when they announced Wonder of the Seas, we were beyond excited to find out exactly what this new Oasis-class ship had in store for us.
Wonder is the fifth ship in Royal Caribbean’s renowned Oasis Class. With a gross tonnage of 236,857, the ship is 362 meters long and 64 meters wide, and it features a total of 18 decks and 2,867 staterooms to accommodate up to 6,988 guests.
Wonder will be the first of its kind to be designed with eight neighbourhoods, introducing the new Suite Neighborhood alongside returning favourites Central Park, the open-air AquaTheater, sporting a new look and where jaw-dropping, high-diving acrobatic and aquatic performances take place; Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea; and a 25-meter zip line 10 decks above the Boardwalk neighbourhood.
Eight Distinct Neighborhoods & Highlights
- Central Park – The first living park at sea, home to more than 20,000 plants — not to mention some of the fleet’s most coveted speciality restaurants and high-end boutiques. Travellers can unwind in one of the many nooks tucked away in this open-air oasis during the day or drop by in the evening for live music under the stars.
- Boardwalk – Family-friendly fun abounds on Boardwalk, a stretch at the end of the ship that is outside and always buzzing with activity. The can’t-miss features and experiences include twin rock-climbing walls, a classic carousel and deck-defying AquaTheater shows.
- Pool & Sports Zone – It is all about the action in this neighbourhood. Travellers can catch waves on the fan-favourite FlowRider, soak up rays in any one of the pools and whirlpools, soar while on the 10-deck-high zip line, and brave a 10-story plunge down Ultimate Abyss. Friends, old and new, and families can also go head-to-head on the basketball or volleyball courts or tee off in a round of mini-golf.
- Royal Promenade – The pulsing heart of the ship, where shopping, dining and entertainment come together. In the morning, guests can drop by for a cup of tea or coffee. As the day goes on, they can watch and dance as the signature neighbourhood comes alive with pop-up musicians and performers.
- Entertainment Place – Where world-class performers light up the stage night after night in headline shows and original productions at the Royal Theater, breathtaking ice-skating spectaculars and more. Travellers can even choose to brave the stage themselves at Spotlight Karaoke by belting out their favourite tunes in front of a live audience.
- Vitality Spa & Fitness Center – Here is the place to charge up the day or recharge the spirit. The dedicated spa and fitness centre offers a lineup of dynamic exercise classes within the full-scale gym and indulgent spa treatments designed for the ultimate relaxation. It’s also home to Vitality Café, which serves up a menu of light and tasty fares like nutrient-rich smoothies and fresh sandwiches.
- Youth Zone – Even the littlest explorers will find plenty of adventure just for them. Home to the award-winning Adventure Ocean youth program and a nursery for infants and toddlers, this colourful, action-packed area is full of innovative common spaces, educational activities, games and other thrills. Young adults have their dedicated teens spaces too, where adults and younger kids can’t cramp their style.
Wonder is the first Oasis Class ship with an eighth neighbourhood – one just for suite guests. The new neighbourhood provides a private experience like no other, featuring world-class dining, a new sun deck for unparalleled ocean views, a private lounge and restaurant and much more. Moreover, loved ones can make it the getaway of a lifetime when they book the expansive and beloved Ultimate Family Suite.