Last updated: 17/09/20
To provide you with reassurance when it comes to any bookings you currently have with us or any future bookings you may want to book with Cruise.co.uk, we have gathered all of the latest updates regarding travel and actions that are being taken by us and our trusted cruise line partners to ensure that any all customers not only feel confident when booking with us but to ensure that their health and safety are prioritised over anything else.
Please use the relevant links below to find what you’re looking for:
Cruise Line Cancellation Policies
Royal Caribbean Group | P&O Cruises | Cunard | MSC Cruises | Princess Cruises | Norwegian Cruise Line | Holland America | Fred Olsen Cruise Lines | Seabourn | Regent Seven Seas Cruises | Oceania | Carnival Cruise Line | Viking | Celestyal Cruises | Saga | Marella Cruises
- We are Flexible – New bookings can be changed free of charge, should the original be affected in any way subject to specific cruise line terms and conditions.
- We have over 100 consultants with 500+ years of combined experience
- Your holiday is fully covered – We are fully ABTA & ATOL protected
- We are only ever a phone call away… our experts are always on hand for any advice
- 5 Star Service – We have over 4000 reviews on Trustpilot
- We are the Real Cruise People – Over 200,000 unbiased Cruise Reviews
We are a member of ABTA (Association of British Travel Agents). That means you are fully protected if any travel plans don’t go ahead as planned.
We are also a member of ATOL (Air Travel Organiser’s License). This means that you are also protected when it comes to any flights that you have also booked with us.
If your cruise has been affected by Covid-19 then you may or may not have heard a lot of people talking about future cruise credit. To help you understand exactly what this is, our consultants have answered some of the frequently asked questions around the subject…
What is future cruise credit?
Future cruise credit is a monetary credit for you to use to pay towards or pay off a new cruise booking. Much like a credit note or voucher.
How do I get future cruise credit?
Cruise lines are offering future cruise credit to guests who have had their booking cancelled, the vale of their cruise back to put towards a future departure.
What is the value of my future cruise credit?
Most cruise lines are offering the value of your original cruise plus an additional amount for any inconvenience. The value will be confirmed upon cancellation via your specialist cruise consultant.
What can I use my future cruise credit for?
Future cruise credit can be used to pay towards a new cruise booking only.
What if my future cruise credit is of a higher value than the new cruise I am booking?
If your future cruise credit is of a higher value than the new cruise you are looking to book, most cruise lines will allow you to move the unspent credit onto another future cruise. For example, if you had £1000 P&O Cruises future cruise credit, you could spend that on 5 cruises costing £200 each.
Why is future cruise credit good news for me?
Future cruise credit is of a higher value than the original amount you paid for your cruise. Plus, it will give you something to look forward to in the future.
As countries respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, including travel and border restrictions, the FCO advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. Any country or area may restrict travel without notice. If you live in the UK and are currently travelling abroad, you are strongly advised to return now, where and while there are still commercial routes available. Many airlines are suspending flights and many airports are closing, preventing flights from leaving.
Click HERE for the latest information and advice from Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)
Click HERE for the latest advice from ABTA
Click HERE for country-specific advice from GOV UK
What happens if our holiday is no longer operating or has been subject to a ‘significant change’ prior to travel?
Our trusted cruise line partners are constantly assessing their upcoming sailings to ensure that they are operating in accordance with the latest advice from the relevant authorities and we are continuing to speak to them to give you the latest updates as and when they happen.
If itineraries have been cancelled, we will contact all customers affected and provide them with a full refund.
If a customer is affected by a ‘significant change’ to their booking with us, they will be contacted by our dedicated team to discuss the options available to them.
We are also on hand to help any customers who are affected to help them re-arrange their cruise and book any future cruises they may wish to take.
What if my holiday changes whilst I am away?
Our customer’s safety is our priority and any changes to your holiday whilst you are away will be taken when necessary.
If you have booked a cruise package that includes a flight home that you will no longer be able to make due to disembarking from a different port, we will arrange an alternative flight for you and we will cover the cost.
If you are on board a ship, our cruise line partners will keep you updated on any necessary itinerary changes and developments that they need to make.
If your holiday is cut short, you will be due a refund for any unfulfilled elements of your trip as well as brought home at the earliest opportunity at no further cost to you.
Are there any new cruise line cancellation policies?
With the ongoing development of coronavirus, cruise lines are making adjustments to their payment and cancellation policies to ensure customers have as much flexibility when it comes to booking a cruise with them.
Please see below all of the latest statements available to us as well as links to cruise line websites for further information;
Tips For Future Travel
Some of you may be looking forward and thinking about your future cruise so here are a few things to keep in mind;
- Make sure you check the FCO advice for the country(ies) that you will be visiting as some will be insisting on proof of insurance in order to enter the country, so insurance is mandatory.
- We suggest that you check your insurance policy and if not already included, purchase a new policy that does cover Covid medical costs
- Make sure you take a reusable mask or disposable masks as some contries have strict rules on wearing these in public spaces
Cruise Line Cancellation Policies
Royal Caribbean International have suspended all cruises up until 31st October 2020. They are hoping to resume service on most ships on 1st November 2020 however, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:
• European & Transatlantic sailings through the end of November.
• Australia sailings through 31st December 2020.
• Odyssey of the Seas sailings from 5th November 2020 through 17th April 2021 will be cancelled. Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, they’ll need additional time to complete the Odyssey of the Seas’ scheduled construction.
• Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will now sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time, so they have had to cancel their 14th February 2021 Jewel of the Seas cruise.
As a result of this change, they are providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with them by 30th April 2022. All you need to do is re-book using your FCC by 31st Deceomber 2021. They will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
The policy appliances to both new and existing cruise bookings.
Click HERE for more information from Royal Caribbean International
Celebrity Cruises have extended the suspension of all sailings until 31st October 2020. Celebrity Cruises will be suspending all sailings departing from Australia and New Zealand on or before 31st December 2020.
For impacted sailings, compensation of 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be processed automatically. Future Cruise Credit can be used up until 31st December 2021.
Click HERE for more information from Celebrity Cruises
P&O Cruises have cancelled all Caribbean cruises until the end of January 2021 as well as all cruises from and to Southampton until February with the exception of Arcadia and Aurora, which have already been cancelled through to the end of their spring world cruises.
All guests who have booked with P&O Cruises up to and including 15th October 2020 will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit.
This Future Cruise Credit will automatically be applied within the coming weeks to each idividual booking and can be used on any sailing with bookings to be made before the end of December 2021.
Click HERE for more information from P&O Cruises
Cunard has further extended its pause in operations to sailings up to 25th March 2021 for Queen Elizabeth, 18th April 2021 for Queen Mary 2 and 16th May 2021 for Queen Victoria.
They will be crediting your guest account with a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on monies paid to date on your booking, which you may redeem against any voyage on sale now or on any new voyage that they introduce in the future. You have until 31 December 2021 to make your new booking.
Click HERE for more information from Cunard
MSC Grandiosa and MSC Magnifica, will resume operations in the Mediterranean starting from 16th and 29th August 2020 respectively.
For all the other cruises in the Mediterranean and Caribbean they have extended their temporary halt of operations up to 31st October 2020.
For Asia cruises they have extended their temporary halt of operations up to 26th October 2020.
All guests who have booked with MSC Cruises up until 15th August 2020 will be offered 125% Future Cruise Credit. This must be redeemed 31st January 2021 and is valid on all sailings taking place on or before 31st December 2021.
Should you be unable to redeem your Future Cruise Credit you are entitled to apply for a refund equal to the original amount of the cruise fare paid only and the additional 25% will not be included.
MSC Cruises have also introduced their Flexible Cruise Programme. The Flexible Cruise Programme allows their guests who have already booked with us, either directly or through a travel agent, to reschedule their cruise to any departure date up until 31st December, 2021. For those booked on a cruise only basis this change can be made up to 48-hours prior to original cruise departure, and for those booked on a Fly Cruise product 96-hours prior to departure.
Click HERE for more information from MSC Cruises on Future Cruise Credit
Click HERE for more information from MSC Cruises on Future Cruise Programme
Princess Cruises is extending its pause in cruise operations impacting the following voyages:
All Australia & New Zealand Cruises Departing through 18th December 2020
2021 World Cruise on Island Princess, 2021 Circle South America on Pacific Princess and Associated Cruises
All Remaining Alaska, Canada & New England and Europe Cruises and Cruisetours in 2020
All Fall 2020 Tahiti & French Polynesia Cruises on Pacific Princess
Any guests booked on cancelled sailings who have paid Princess in full, will have the option to receive a Future Cruise Credit equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional bonus Future Cruise Credit equal to 25% of the cruise fare.
For more details on all of your options with Princess Cruises, please click HERE
Norwegian Cruise Line have extended their voluntary temporary suspension of voyages through October 2020.
Guests who had an active reservation on one of the suspended cruises have automatically received a 125% of the amount paid to date on 25th June 2020 which can be applied towards any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage through 31st December 2022.
Click HERE for more information from Norwegian Cruise Line.
Azamara will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on-or-before 31st October 2020, as well as the Azamara Quest voyages on 4th and 14th November 2020.
Guests will have three compensation options to choose from.
- 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise by 31st December 2021 for sailings departing on or before 30th April 2022.
- You can keep the cruise vacation plans to the same destination and move the existing booking to a 2021 sailing within four weeks of the originally scheduled sailing.
- 100% Refund: You have until the end of this year – 31st December 2020 – to request a refund and deactivate the Future Cruise Credit certificate.
Click HERE for more information from Azamara
Silversea has extended their global suspension of voyages to include all sailings departing on or before 31st October 2020.
Booked guests on cancelled voyages will receive up to 125% cruise fare refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), which can be applied toward any future cruise and it’s valid two years from issuance.
Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied on more than one new booking.
Click HERE for more information from Silversea
Holland America Line is extending its pause of cruise operations and cancelling departures on all ships through 15h December 2020. Guest with bookings on impacted cruises automatically will be cancelled, and no action is needed for guests opting for the Future Cruise Credit (FCC). All guests will receive an FCC per person as follows:
- Paid in Full: Those who had paid in full will receive 125% FCC of the base cruise fare paid to Holland America Line.
- Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive an FCC of double the amount of the deposit paid for the cruise. The minimum FCC is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cruise fare paid.
Click HERE for more information from Holland America
Fred Olsen Cruise Lines have cancelled Balmoral sailings up to 9th December and Black Watch sailings up to 22nd December 2020. In addition, all Braemar departures up to 20th March 2021, and Boudicca’s Grand Voyage sectors departing up until 11th March 2021, have also been cancelled.
They have launched their ‘Plain Sailing Guarantee’ where you can either receive Future Cruise Credit and transfer your cruise to a future date or receive a full refund.
There is no rush and no pressure to make up your mind, you’ll get up to 24 months to decide.
And if you can’t find another cruise after that time, they’ll give you an additional 5% when refunding the money you have paid, to account for any interest it may have earned.
However, you don’t need to wait for them to get in touch. Any 2020 cruise can be moved, with no administration fees or loss of deposit, to any other on sale you just need to give them 2 weeks’ notice.
Click HERE for more information from Fred Olsen Cruise Lines.
Seabourn have paused all sailings into October, November 2020.
The pause will apply to each of Seabourn’s five ships differently with each having a different “effective through” date in either October or November. Specific details are as follows:
- Seabourn Odyssey: paused through the Europe season, with its operations pause effective through 20th November 2020.Seabourn Sojourn: paused through World Cruise 2021, with its operations pause effective through 24th May 2021.
- Seabourn Quest: paused through the Canada/New England season, with its operations pause effective through 6th November 2020.
- Seabourn Encore: with its operations pause effective through 25th November 2020.
- Seabourn Ovation: with its operations pause effective through 20th December 2020.
Guests with impacted cruises will automatically be cancelled, and all guests will receive a Future Cruise Credit as follows:
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn.
- Under Deposit: those guests with bookings under deposit will receive a Future Cruise Credit valued at 125% of the deposit amount paid, plus an onboard credit of $300 per suite.
Click HERE for more information from Seabourn
Regent Seven Seas Cruises have suspended all sailings up until and including 31st October 2020.
To ensure guests feel confident about sailing with Regent, with their Return with Regent offer they evolved Regent Reassurance to include all existing and new reservations made by 30th September 2020. On Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyages embarking through 2022, guests who have paid in full have the option to cancel up to 15 days* prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (excluding air and Concierge Collection arrangements if applicable), which can be applied to any new reservation within one year on any Regent voyage sailing before 31st December 2022.
If eligible guests who have paid in full prefer a refund rather than the Future Cruise Credit, we will provide these guests with a 100% refund of the amount paid.
*Terms & Conditions apply
Click HERE for more information on cancelled sailing from Regent Seven Seas
Click HERE for more information on Regent Reassurance
Oceania Cruises are extending our suspension of voyages to include all voyage departures aboard Insignia from 10th November 2020 through 26th April 2021.
To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on voyages listed above and are paid in full will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid.
This Future Cruise Credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through 31st December 2022 that is booked by 2nd September 2021.
For guests who prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a lower value full refund option is available.
Click HERE for more information from Oceania Cruises
Carnival Cruise Line have cancelled the following sailings;
- San Francisco sailings through 2020
- Carnival Splendor sailings through and including 7th January 2021
- Carnival Spirit sailings through and including 16th May 2021
- Carnival Legend sailings through and including 30th October 2020
- Mardi Gras sailings 14th November 2020 through and including 30th January 2021
- Carnival Breeze from Ft. Lauderdale sailings 7th November 2020 through and including 7th March 2021
- Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration sailings through and including 19th April 2021
- Carnival Magic
- Ft. Lauderdale and Miami sailings through and including March 6, 2021
- Transatlantic & Barcelona sailings April 10, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021
- Carnival Fascination sailings through and including 9th January 2022
- Carnival Sensation sailings 3rd March 2022 and 7th March 2022
- Carnival Sunrise:
- Sailings through and including 19th October 2020
- Miami 7 and 8 day sailings from 9th October 2021 through and including 30th April 2022, excluding the 5th March 2022 sailing
- Miami 5 day sailing 3rd January 2022
- Carnival Radiance:
- Sailings through and including 1st November 2020
- 9, 12 and 14 day sailings from 2nd May 2021 through and including 29th April 2022
- 5 day sailings 23rd December 2021 and 28th December 2021
- All Other Ships sailings through and including 31st October 2020
For anyone who has had their cruise cancelled they are offering two options;
- 100% Future Cruise Credit and $600 onboard credit per stateroom on sailings 6 days or more. 100% Future Cruise Credit and $300 onboard credit per stateroom on sailings 5 days or less.
- 100% Refund of your cruise
Click HERE for more information from Carnival Cruise Line
Viking Ocean Cruises have extended their temporary suspension of operations across all scheduled departures through 31st December 2020.
Any guests who have been affected can receive 125% Future Cruise Credit.
You will have 24 months to use your Future Cruise Voucher to make a new reservation on any river, ocean or expedition cruise.
For additional flexibility, if you are unable to use your voucher, Viking Ocean Cruises will automatically send you a refund equal to the original amount paid to Viking after the voucher expires. These 125% Future Cruise Vouchers will also be fully transferable.
Click HERE for more information from Viking Ocean Cruises
Celestyal Cruises have suspended all sailings until 6th March 2021.
For all named and fully paid individual guests impacted by this temporary suspension, Celestyal Cruises is offering a Future Cruise Credit valued at 120% of original booking value.
Guests will have until the end of December 2021 to redeem their Future Cruise Credit against any of Celestyal Cruises’ itineraries in 2021 and 2022.
For additional flexibility, guests that have not used their Future Cruise Credit within the specified period will automatically receive a refund equal to the original amount paid to Celestyal upon expiration of the Future Cruise Credit Voucher in December 2021, therefore allowing plenty of time to decide on rescheduling plans.
Celeystal Cruises have also introduced their ‘Peace of Mind’ policy.
For any new and current individual bookings for sailings embarking from 29 June 2020 through and including 31 August 2020 can be changed without incurring cancellation fees up to 7 days before sailing date, and any new and current individual bookings for sailings embarking from 1 September 2020 through and including 31 December 2020 can be changed without incurring cancellation fees up to 30 days before sailing date.
For any cancelled booking within the stated time frames, you will receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit that can then be applied towards a future 2020, 2021 or 2022 cruise.
Click HERE for more information from Celeystal Cruises
Spirit of Discovery will return to service on 16th December 2020. Therefore both cruises, Canary Island Flavours, which was due to depart 18th November 2020, and Canary Islands and Casablanca, which was due to depart 2nd December, have now been cancelled.
For Guests Due To Travel Up To The End Of August 2020
Our Peace of Mind policy enables you to transfer onto another holiday departing in 2021, subject to availability and benefit from the following:
- £100pp off any river cruise, ocean cruise partner or European holiday
- £200pp off any long-haul holiday
For Guests Due To Travel Up To The End Of August 2020
In addition to this, we are extending the Peace of Mind policy for guests who are due to travel up to the end of October 2020, who wish to transfer onto another holiday departing in 2021, subject to availability and benefit from the following:
- £50pp off any river cruise, ocean cruise partner or European holiday
- £100pp off any long-haul holiday
Click HERE for more information from Saga Cruises
Marella Cruises have cancelled all sailings up until and including the 15th November 2020.
If your cruise with them has been affected you’ll receive a refund credit for the full value of your holiday, and we’ll give you a separate booking incentive up to 20%.
The refund credit gives you the flexibility to book your travel in future. Plus, if your original booking was for a package holiday, you’ll get a separate booking incentive up to 20%. If you were due to travel before 16 April your refund credit will be automatically emailed to you by 1 May 2020 and if you were due to travel after 16 April you’ll receive it four weeks of your departure date.
Click HERE for more information from
We are in regular contact with our trusted cruise line partners and will add any updates to their cancellation policies to this page as soon as they are communicated to us.
Thank you for your patience during this time.// END - About the Author ?>