Avalon Waterways are redefining river cruising with their luxury 5* hotel style cruise ships. Their main travel focus is on European destinations and it’s where they really shine. Their newest ships are all-suite ships, with a unique layout where your bed is angled to face the view out your window! It’s easy to see why European rivers are full of happy Avalon passengers.
But they also travel to exclusive locations in Asia and the Amazon! Once you read this introduction you’ll understand why people are choosing to cruise with Avalon, again and again…
Meet The Fleet
Avalon Imagery II
Avalon Tranquility II
Avalon Artistry II
Avalon Tapestry II
Avalon Siem Reap
South America Ships
Awaken to the world at your feet in a luxurious bed that faces Europe’s gorgeous scenery. Discover new horizons before breakfast. Feel the morning breeze cross a floating Open–Air Balcony®. Move through a living picture postcard. You’re not dreaming. You’re waking up on an Avalon Waterways Suite Ship® and the widest view in river cruising.
Avalon Waterways has the only Open–Air Balcony® in river cruising thanks to a luxurious bed that faces an approximate 11- x 11-foot window. Dream before you drift off and wake to a dream come true – with nothing between you and the view.
Your choice of Comfort CollectionSMmattresses and pillows. Egyptian cotton sheets under European-style duvets. Deluxe woven carpeting. Premium L’Occitane® bath products. Plush towels, bathrobes, and slippers. Marble-top bathrooms with glass-enclosed showers. Fully stocked mini-bar. State-of-the-art flat-screen TVs with a bounty of entertainment options and free Wi-Fi throughout the ship. These are just a few of our favourite things about our Avalon staterooms and suites.
À la carte, four-course dinners, Continental breakfasts, al fresco lunch at the Sky Grill, a tasting menu with a view in the Panorama Bistro. No matter where you dine on board, Avalon Waterways set the table using fresh, quality ingredients prepared by expert chefs, so you’ll look forward to each meal the same way you look forward to each port.
Chefs Kark & Leo Wrenkh
The Brothers Wrenkh were raised in the first (and up until recently, only) high-quality vegetarian restaurant in Austria. With a family motto, “Eating is Life!” they take cooking very seriously. While Leo attended a classic culinary school, Karl’s cooking background has been more casual. Their styles merge using healthy, quality and locally grown ingredients to create foods with international flair.
These Viennese brothers opened the Wrenkh Vienna Culinary School 2.0 in 2009. Classes include everything from Indian cuisine to forest harvest; team cooking to herb hikes.
Karl and Leo share a lifelong love of good food and a strong desire to provide their guests – in the restaurant and at the culinary school – an unforgettable dining experience.
- Daily choices of regional recipes, familiar favourites, and Avalon Fresh vegetarian and healthy cuisine including fresh, local ingredients at every meal
- Daily a la carte breakfast with a full range of classic breakfast items, healthy Avalon Fresh options and daily specials
- Daily a la carte lunch including regional specialities, healthy Avalon Fresh options and classic dishes
- Choice of alternative fare at the Sky Grill on the Sky Deck (weather permitting) or light lunch in the Panorama Lounge
- Several selections from the Panorama Bistro’s tasting menu for a less formal “sit-down” atmosphere while mingling over several satisfying selections
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches
- Daily four-course à la carte dinners in the Panorama Dining Room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrées, desserts or cheese, after-dinner premium coffees or tea, and complimentary wine (including from the region), beer, and soft drinks
- Complimentary room service available for Continental breakfast
- Avalon FlexDining with flexible seating-times to better accommodate your schedule, and more options for menu items and venues, including our Panorama Dining Room, Panorama Bistro for a less formal tasting menu, Sky Grill for al fresco favorites, complimentary continental breakfast via room service, and made-to-order picnic lunch boxes for independent on-shore excursions
Linger over signature cocktails and standard concoctions with a twist. Toast your adventures with the original Espresso Martini or Easy Stinger — just two of our craft cocktails designed by Avalon’s award-winning mixologist, Martin Hudák. Raise your glass and lift your spirits with your choice of remarkable refreshments in our Panorama Lounge.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner onboard daily
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily onboard
- Expert Cruise Director
- Avalon Adventure Host available as your guide for fitness activities and active excursions
- Friendly, English-speaking staff delivering consummate personal service
- Avalon Choice® with your preference of Classic, Active, or Discovery included excursions and sightseeing with Certified Local Guides; and MyAvalonSM Guided Optional Excursions
- AvalonGO mobile app with itinerary information before and during your cruise, including schedules, transfer details, daily itineraries, GPS, and dining and entertainment options—and social media feature for real-time posts.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- Complimentary computer stations
- Sky Deck shade system & premium lounge chairs
- Sky Deck whirlpool
- Sky Deck game area
- Sky Grill with made-to-order al fresco dining
- Panorama Lounge with cosy seating, panoramic windows, and dance floor
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, and a selection of teas; cookies available throughout the day
- Panorama Dining Room with large panoramic views
- Observation Lounge
- Upscale bar serving premium spirits; fresh fruit available throughout the day
- Adventure Center with Avalon Adventure Host assistance, active gear, bicycles, and fitness class information
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center
- Club Lounge Library with books, cards, and board games
- Non-smoking interior
- Complimentary water stations
- Spacious outside deluxe accommodations with enhanced soundproofing
- Exclusive Comfort Collection Beds
- Large private bathroom featuring full shower with glass door
- Premium personal amenities, including L’Occitane® bath products
- English language TV channels with 50+ free movies
When it comes to excursions, Avalon has pretty much nailed the whole thing. With Avalon Choice, you can choose from different types of excursions based on the kind of holiday you are after. So whether you’re looking to raise a glass at an Austrian wine-tasting or raise your heart rate on a jogging tour of Cologne, you can experience the destinations you visit at the pace you would like. Here is a quick summary of the different types of excursions you can choose from…
Get up close and personal with the iconic places you’ve dreamed of seeing. With expert Local Guides, you’ll get preferred access to the famous sites, insider information on local legends and lore, and the true heritage behind the history.
Pull up a chair to hear a Vienna waltz, roll up your sleeves to paint like Van Gogh, or grab an apron to whip up a local recipe. Discover the world’s simple pleasures and grand artistry, from famous galleries to farmhouse kitchens.
Greet the day with a bike ride, a hike to a hilltop castle, or a kayak excursion through the Gorges de l’Ardėche. If you’re up for an active adventure, the adventure is up to you.
So if Avalon Waterways sounds like the perfect river cruise for you, click the link below to discover all available sailings.// END - About the Author ?>