Eighteen Cruise Destinations You’ve Been Pronouncing Wrong
August 17, 2015
Be warned! This may be one of the most controversial articles we’ve ever written!
Everyone pronounces place names differently. With so many different ports you can cruise to and so many regional accents and dialects around the world, we suppose it’s only natural arguments on pronunciation may arise. It can depend on a myriad of factors, from where you are to where you grew up to who you’re speaking with, then you need to factor in how the locals will pronounce it as well (after all they should know best!)
There is however, normally a definitive ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ way to pronounce most places (see what we meant about controversial?) as you can see from our guide below.
If you’ve ever looked at an itinerary online and wondered “how do I pronounce that?” then read on…
New Orleans, US.A
Papeete, French Polynesia
Arrecife, Canary Islands
Have you been pronouncing all the above correctly?
Do you agree with us or do you have your own pronunciation for these places?
Is there any pronunciations that drive you wild?
Let us know in the comments below…
Other Articles you may be interested in
- Shock Announcement As Heathrow Set To Get Ano...
- Embrace The Extreme: Five Reasons Why Alaska ...
- Fred Olsen's Oldest And Most Popular Ship To ...
- Disney Promises Magic With The First Ever Mar...
- Top 5 Adventurous Cruises You Have To Try At ...
- Have Your Say: Does The World Of Cruising Nee...
- 15 Photos That’ll Make You Wish You Were In...
- How To Spend 3 Hours In Destinations Around T...
- 10 Do’s And Don’ts For Your Next Flight
- Exclusive: Step Into The Shoes Of Someone Tra...
- Our Very Own Holly And Charlie See The Snow M...
- How You Can Spend £30 Or Less In Funchal