American Tourists Are Being Given Advice For Visiting The UK And It’s Weird
October 23, 2015
America’s a great place to visit. From the Statue of Liberty to the White House to the Golden Gate Bridge, there’s a nearly unending supply of things to see and experience. However, to an American, the U.K’s just as an exciting prospect; after all… whilst we may not quite have the same amount of geography as them, we do have an incredible amount of history!
Every year over two million American tourists visit Britain, excited at the prospect of visiting famous sites and land marks, many of them older than their entire country!
The thing is though…
Whilst it’s great that so many Americans choose to visit the UK, you may, if you’ve ever met a tourist from the good ol’ US of A, have wondered why they were acting so… well, strangely… towards you.
The www.CRUISE.co.uk team decided to investigate and it seems that our colonial cousins are being given some rather strange advice for when they visit Britain.
Below are some of our favourite pieces of advice they’re given, culled from actual travel guides and publications published on the other side of the Atlantic!
Yup! We’re all really rude…
It’s not that we love it… We’re just really good at it!
It’s OK if you don’t put it on your dessert (just barely)
What you call formal we call casual
If you’re lucky we might offer you iced tea… (but probably not)
We’re pretty sure you wont!
Cheers for that!
Actually… We really, really do hate this!
Yeah but you’ll have fun!
Look away, look away NOW!
We’re not that sarcastic
No we don’t
If it’s summer a cider might (might) be acceptable… Make sure you order it in a manly voice though
Sorry but this is true . Sorry if it offends you. Sorry.
Why would you hug a stranger? EVER!
Umm what? When was this advice given? 1850?
So… that was… strange!
We can only hope that not too many people are put off from visiting us after reading these bits of (well we hesitate to call them advice) in American tour guides.
What’s the stupidest piece of advice you’ve ever been given when visiting another country?
Do you have any tips for people Visiting The UK?
Let us know in the comments below…
Other Articles you may be interested in
- Have Your Say: Does The World Of Cruising Nee...
- The Prettiest And The Spookiest: Five Best Ci...
- New Announcement From Virgin Cruises Shocks C...
- 15 Photos That’ll Make You Wish You Were In...
- Cruise Line To Debut New Ship Just For Alaska
- How To Spend 3 Hours In Destinations Around T...
- 10 Do’s And Don’ts For Your Next Flight
- Exclusive: Step Into The Shoes Of Someone Tra...
- Our Very Own Holly And Charlie See The Snow M...
- How You Can Spend £30 Or Less In Funchal
- 16 Fun Facts About Cruising You Haven't Heard...
- It's Not All Kangaroos And Boomerangs: Cruise...