Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Unhappy It ain't harf hot!!

Unfortunately, on a brilliant sunny day on the south coast I had to visit the Post Office & join a very long queue, urgent letters to post.

With nothing to do, but wait for a 'free' person, I tuned in to the conversations around me.

Two elderly ladies discussing the weather, one said to the other " Lovely day isn't it?" Reply "No it's too b----y hot! First lady " You can't mean that, after all this wet weather?"

Second lady, " Well I can't stand being too hot, so yes I do" It continued........ though I missed the ending.

It set me thinking, do we all love hot weather, cold weather or?

I like 'dry heat' but all to often in the UK it is 'sticky', just at the moment I am boiling!

What climates do you prefer and if pertinent, in which Countries?

Last edited by Lizzie, Lymington; 24th May 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Added a bit!
    Lizzie

Lizzie, the climate I prefer is nice and hot with a cooling breeze generated by the cruise ship, which I am on, moving at 18 knots through a tropical sea with just enough movement to rattle the ice cubes in my G&T.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Lizzie, the climate I prefer is nice and hot with a cooling breeze generated by the cruise ship, which I am on, moving at 18 knots through a tropical sea with just enough movement to rattle the ice cubes in my G&T.
    Hi HT, Thanks I am there!!But I will swap your G&T for a 'Mai Tai'!!!!!

Lizzie

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi HT, Thanks I am there!!But I will swap your G&T for a 'Mai Tai'!!!!!

I'm not averse to a Mai Tai Lizzie - have you tried a mango Mai Tai? Very soothing after a hard couple of hours on the sun deck.

What climates do you prefer and if pertinent, in which Countries?
    When landbased, cold & lots of snow when Skiing in Austria
    On the high seas or in port, bright & sunny with or without the heat!

Lancashire Cunarder

It is expected to be 95F to 97F here this weekend. There's no way to like that unless you're in a pool drinking a frozen concoction.....

Plus the UK isn't really geared for hot weather. After all how many houses and shops have a/c or fans in each room ?
    Does Public Transport have a/c ? Last time we were in London during a heat wave it was stifling and there wasn't any a/c on.
    Talking about 96F in MAY is crazy. It rarely reaches the nineties even in the peak of Summer over here.

Images
    I quite like this Global Warming....................

Photography derived from the Greek photos- for "light" and -graphos for "drawing​

Thomson Majesty Hellenic Classics May1st 2015

Images
    I don't mind the heat, in fact I do like the different seasons in this country, we popped down to the beach yesterday wonderful!! sea sparkling a few holiday makers mixed up with locals, stretched out in deck chairs, paddled our feet and at lunch time we popped into the restuarant had a snack and a nice cool beer , another great day here in Kernow.CG

I love the seasons in this country also, I do wish we could have a warm dry summer, if it rains let it be during the night.
    I love autumn when the leaves are turning colour, England is such a beautiful place and sometimes I don't think we appreciate it as much as we could. The Trough of Bowland is one of our favourite places, warm or cold.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast