Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I am Fed Up With Trolls

There is only one way to deal with trolls and that is to ignore them. I thought that the regulars here would know that but they just keep rising to the bait.

They are killing the site, and because of the stupid arguments I am rapidly losing interest.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    T Pratchett.

I hate paying them too! It now costs €10 per one way trip to get to the airport! Bummer!

What have I missed - who is trolling now?

Annie

Images
    Like you Annie I wonder what i have missed,like the game show "name those trolls!

jim

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I hate paying them too! It now costs €10 per one way trip to get to the airport! Bummer!
    Took me a few seconds to register that

But then

There is only one way to deal with trolls and that is to ignore them. I thought that the regulars here would know that but they just keep rising to the bait.

They are killing the site, and because of the stupid arguments I am rapidly losing interest.
    There is another way and that is to not reply to any of their topics just send them to Coventry. Close them down altogether.

I don't mind a constructive discussion but when it gets off the topic and personal then bye bye.

Last edited by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster; 24th March 2012 at 11:38 AM.

I too am getting very tired of certain people who are just wrecking threads for their own amusement.

This applies to those pretending to be new but who are coming on full throttle with insinuations and taunting comment and also to those who have even apologised for past misdemeanours but still think that now they have apologised they can carry on with snide remarks trying to stir up trouble whilst at the same time demolishing threads.

I believe that if it carries on they will wreck the whole point of this Forum and it will fall to pieces or at least become a shadow of what it was once was. I have no doubt but that they will be on here protesting their innocence and putting the blame on others but what they will be doing is exactly what they have been doing all along, spoiling for their own amusement. …..Neil

Images
    I too am getting very tired of certain people who are just wrecking threads for their own amusement.

This applies to those pretending to be new but who are coming on full throttle with insinuations and taunting comment and also to those who have even apologised for past misdemeanours but still think that now they have apologised they can carry on with snide remarks trying to stir up trouble whilst at the same time demolishing threads.

I believe that if it carries on they will wreck the whole point of this Forum and it will fall to pieces or at least become a shadow of what it was once was. I have no doubt but that they will be on here protesting their innocence and putting the blame on others but what they will be doing is exactly what they have been doing all along, spoiling for their own amusement. …..Neil
    Hear Hear Neil,
    It isn't acceptable at all. Thankfully the majority of the forum membership can see through these miscreants.

PM

CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

Thumbs up

Well said Neil. Spot on.

OK I am confused - how do you define a troll? someone who disagrees with you?

Annie

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast