Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Listing all topics by start date. Can it be done?

You'd think by now I'd be used to this site but to be honest I normally just follow the topics listed on the home page because I've found when they drop off the home page list I can never find them again. Is it just me?

When I click on the 'Click to see all' button I expect to see the rest of the topics previously shown but no I get all 'posts' instead which is a real pain ! I've tried going in to the search facility and setting preferences blah blah but don't seem to getting anywhere.

I'm obviously trying to navigate this site in completely the wrong way but any tips people can give me I'd be grateful.

Images
    Hi Trevor.
    Well you're obviously doing better at navigating the site than me. I didn't even realise there was a 'Click to see all' button....

Images
    I have mine set up, so the last thread to be posted on, is the one that appears at the top of the list, and when I open a thread, the last post on the thread, appears as the first post. So I dont have to scroll through all the posts.

Images
    Yep it's on the heading next to "10 Newest Topics" Pippa. Hi Del ... I think I follow you. Basically I want to see a list of all of the topics in the date/time order the topic/thread was started NOT when the last post happens to be added. If that's what your method does I'd be grateful for instructions on how to set this. Thanks.

Images
    I normally use the 'what's new' button at the top. For some reason, I see more threads if I sign out. I guess I'm still very much a beginner at this. haha

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I normally use the 'what's new' button at the top. For some reason, I see more threads if I sign out. I guess I'm still very much a beginner at this. haha
    Yes that's quite a good way but it still gives puts the emphasis on when the last post is sent to the topic rather than when the topic is started which is the way I prefer to view things but hey if it can't be done I won't pull any more fur out !

If I want to back track on threads that I have posted on which are no longer showing in the 'todays' posting list which only goes back 24 hours, then what I do is I click on my own name at the top of the page where it says Welcome Bradbury, this then brings up my profile page. On the LH side it says Find All Posts I click on that and it brings up a list going way back to all replies I have made. I can then click on each one to see if anyone added to the thread.

Images
    Thanks have tried that as well and it tends to be the easiest way of tracking back when all else fails.

I think I have found a way:

• In the dark blue tool bar near the top of the page click on Advanced Search on the Right
    • Scroll down a bit to additional options.
    • In the drop down box ‘Find Posts’ select as you want eg ‘A Week’ ago and leave the other box set to 'and Newer'
    • Drop down box: Sort Results by - select ‘Date’ then opt for Ascending or descending as per your preference.
    • Hit Search Now

Try it and see if that’s what you are looking for.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    If I want to back track on threads that I have posted on which are no longer showing in the 'todays' posting list which only goes back 24 hours, then what I do is I click on my own name at the top of the page where it says Welcome Bradbury, this then brings up my profile page. On the LH side it says Find All Posts I click on that and it brings up a list going way back to all replies I have made. I can then click on each one to see if anyone added to the thread.
    That is one way of finding posts you have made - or topics you have commented on. The way I do it is by clicking on the 'Quick Links' at the top of the page - when the drop down box clomes up - click subscribed topics - it will show all the threads you ahve been active on and a ships wheel shows that a comment has been added since you last viewed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast