Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do Cruise Ships dock at Dublin

I am going to Dublin on the Queen Victoria, does anyone know where the ship moors?

THanks

I knmow that the Deutschland has docked at 'Ocean Pier', but that's a much smaller ship. Not sure about the larger ships...

Large ships dock in the very industrial dublin port about 3km from the city centre.

There are usually busses to city centre or you can take the number 53 bus.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Large ships dock in the very industrial dublin port about 3km from the city centre.

There are usually busses to city centre or you can take the number 53 bus.
    Have you any link to a map please?

Have you any link to a map please?

n53 21 w6 13 - Google Maps

The cruise ships dock on the main river over the word Dublin where it says Dublin - Liverpool on the map.

Images
    n53 21 w6 13 - Google Maps

The cruise ships dock on the main river over the word Dublin where it says Dublin - Liverpool on the map.
    Thanks, do the hoho buses pick up at the ship or is it best to get a transfer bus in?

Thanks, do the hoho buses pick up at the ship or is it best to get a transfer bus in?
    As far as I am aware you must get the transfer bus into the city - they usually drop pax offoutside Trinity College where you can pick up the HOHO. If you plan to do the HOHO make sure you travel with Dublin Bus - there narrators / guides are far superior to the competitor companies.

Are there any particular places you wish to go to or see. Much of the Best of Dublin can be seen on foot.

The HOHO is good if you wish to visit the Guiness Storehouse and Kilmainham Gaol as these are a bit out of town - the main things of interest such as Trinity College Library Long Room and the Book of Kells, The National Museum, Georgian House, The Rotunda in city Hall, The State Apartments in Dublin Castle are all in a 1 mile stretch.

Images
    As far as I am aware you must get the transfer bus into the city - they usually drop pax offoutside Trinity College where you can pick up the HOHO. If you plan to do the HOHO make sure you travel with Dublin Bus - there narrators / guides are far superior to the competitor companies.

Are there any particular places you wish to go to or see. Much of the Best of Dublin can be seen on foot.

The HOHO is good if you wish to visit the Guiness Storehouse and Kilmainham Gaol as these are a bit out of town - the main things of interest such as Trinity College Library Long Room and the Book of Kells, The National Museum, Georgian House, The Rotunda in city Hall, The State Apartments in Dublin Castle are all in a 1 mile stretch.
    I spent a few days in Dublin a couple of years ago loved "Temple Bar"
    The goal was very interesting as was Trinity College, I think the National Museum will be the place to see

Thanks for the info

I spent a few days in Dublin a couple of years ago loved "Temple Bar"
    The goal was very interesting as was Trinity College, I think the National Museum will be the place to see

Thanks for the info
    Spartan, if you want to go to the National museum - get the shuttle bus from the boat to Trinity. Head 'south' keeping the boundary wall /fence of Trinity College on your left - you are walking along Nassau street. 1st street on your right in Grafton St (Molly Malone statue at end), next is Dawson St (with Mansion House), 3rd Narrow street is St Frederick Street and 4th Street is the Kildare street (my work HQ is on this street also). Walk up Kildare street and on your left you will see all the cops outside the Parliament, next door is the National museum. Make sure you go to the hoards, the Derynaflan Hoard, Tara Broach, Ardagh chalice (found 3 miles from where I live) and St patricks Crozier and Bell are all worth a look. Give yourself an 1.5 hours for a good gawk.

I would also recommend the Rotunda at City Hall. It only takes 10 mins to see, its spectacular and free! From the gates of Trinity walk up Dame Street. You are walking parallel to the river with Temple Bar area between you and it. You will pass The Central bank (Modern ugly building) on your right, Dublin castle on the left. On left after entrance to Dublin castle is a huge domed building - go up the steps and have a look - I think it looks like a mini Panthenon. The walk from triniity is about 7 mins.

Enjoy!

Images
    Spartan, if you want to go to the National museum - get the shuttle bus from the boat to Trinity. Head 'south' keeping the boundary wall /fence of Trinity College on your left - you are walking along Nassau street. 1st street on your right in Grafton St (Molly Malone statue at end), next is Dawson St (with Mansion House), 3rd Narrow street is St Frederick Street and 4th Street is the Kildare street (my work HQ is on this street also). Walk up Kildare street and on your left you will see all the cops outside the Parliament, next door is the National museum. Make sure you go to the hoards, the Derynaflan Hoard, Tara Broach, Ardagh chalice (found 3 miles from where I live) and St patricks Crozier and Bell are all worth a look. Give yourself an 1.5 hours for a good gawk.

I would also recommend the Rotunda at City Hall. It only takes 10 mins to see, its spectacular and free! From the gates of Trinity walk up Dame Street. You are walking parallel to the river with Temple Bar area between you and it. You will pass The Central bank (Modern ugly building) on your right, Dublin castle on the left. On left after entrance to Dublin castle is a huge domed building - go up the steps and have a look - I think it looks like a mini Panthenon. The walk from triniity is about 7 mins.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast