You wanted a great late deal for single passengers, well here it is !!!

Good afternoon, I was made aware of this cruise bargain just a short time ago and I was really keen to post it because of the fact that I know single travellers often get frustrated with the large single supplements they often have to pay and struggle to find a decent single occupancy deal.

The P&O Aurora is (as the picture shows above) a family-friendly, mid-sized ship.
    P&O are a traditional British 4* cruise line. I have personally been on the Aurora and I can tell you that she is a lovely looking ship. I speak to many loyal P&O passengers here at cruise.co.uk and many tell me that the Aurora is their favourite ship of the fleet.

Although the Aurora is listed as family-friendly, I shouldnt imagine that there would be too many children on this cruise due to the dates and the length of the cruise.

The P&O Aurora offers the traditional first or second seating dining options, no freedom dining. You will be pleased to hear that currently both the first and second dining options are still available. The food and service on board is to a high standard, as you would expect from P&O.

Here is the itinerary...

R202 - P&O Aurora - Itinerary

Southampton, England (Thursday 12th April 2012)
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Antigua, Leeward Islands
    Tortola, B.V.I.
    St. Maarten
    St. Lucia
    Barbados
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Madeira, Portugal
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Day at Sea
    Southampton, England (Friday 4th May 2012)

Now for some prices, all based on single occupancy of course

OD grade inside cabin = £1678
    LC grade outside cabin = £2038
    IB grade balcony cabin = £5198
    DB grade deluxe balcony cabin = £5798

Yes, a 22 night cruise on a decent ship from £1678 on a single occupancy basis, you can't argue with value like that, especially as P&O also have some of the best drinks prices at sea !

This is how Aurora looks on the inside.

This cruise is obviously available for bookings of double occupancy cabins as well, please contact me if you would like prices for this. I wanted to keep this post with single details as it is in the single travellers section and I thought it would be nice to show a bit of attention to you single travellers out there.

Call me directly on 0800 408 6095
    Email me richards@cruise.co.uk

Please visit my blog page to view and rate my customer service as well as viewing my cruise related blogs.........HERE

But it is P&O and sails from SOTON!

P&O obviously can't sell the cabins.

What we solo travellers want is reasonable prices for cruises that are bookable several months in advance.

I can secure that with Azamara and Celebrity - so I'll stick with them.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    But it is P&O and sails from SOTON!

P&O obviously can't sell the cabins.

What we solo travellers want is reasonable prices for cruises that are bookable several months in advance.

I can secure that with Azamara and Celebrity - so I'll stick with them.
    Annie, As another solo traveller, I have to agree with you. If Azamara can offer a great cruise experience without a huge single supplement, I'm happy to keep booking with them.

Azamara and Celebrity are great cruise lines, there is nothing wrong with P&O though and alot of people like to sail from Southampton. I am sure there are plenty of single passengers that this will appeal to.

Call me directly on 0800 408 6095
    Email me richards@cruise.co.uk

Please visit my blog page to view and rate my customer service as well as viewing my cruise related blogs.........HERE

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Azamara and Celebrity are great cruise lines, there is nothing wrong with P&O though and alot of people like to sail from Southampton. I am sure there are plenty of single passengers that this will appeal to.
    Richard you are probably right - however what is the solo supplement - I am a great believer in transparency in pricing.

One of your colleagues posted a P&O special recently for a fly-cruise with a 100% solo supplement. Considering they would only have 1 airline seat - that meant the cabin supplement was circa 250%.

Thanks
    Annie