Images

NCL Jade winter deals some reasonable SOLO rates.

Check out the Jade cruises over the winter for solo rates.

Nov 16 has come up as one with low sups.

insides start at £375 solo for 10nights ex Rome

Thanks for the heads up

Poor Jade! Made to leave Hawaii, then banished from the USA- I can't remember the details, but she has to stay in the Med (Malcolm can probably tell us), and then doing b-2-bs; Canaries, followed by East Med with Egypt, trailed by an RCI ship to Alexandria.
    RCI has removed their ship, but NCL has been upfront and said that the USA bookings were down, so they've had to scrap Egypt and along that coast, and now are just doing the Canaries run.
    It doesn't sound as though there are many takers for these cruises, so the prices are low.
    Yet, she still remains one of our favourite ships, and we'd gladly go on her again. Yes, she has all the additions which we're accustomed to on US ships, but she's a happy ship, with amazing decor. If we had the time, we'd be thinking of booking her.
    Jo.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Poor Jade! Made to leave Hawaii, then banished from the USA- I can't remember the details, but she has to stay in the Med (Malcolm can probably tell us), and then doing b-2-bs; Canaries, followed by East Med with Egypt, trailed by an RCI ship to Alexandria.
    RCI has removed their ship, but NCL has been upfront and said that the USA bookings were down, so they've had to scrap Egypt and along that coast, and now are just doing the Canaries run.
    It doesn't sound as though there are many takers for these cruises, so the prices are low.
    Yet, she still remains one of our favourite ships, and we'd gladly go on her again. Yes, she has all the additions which we're accustomed to on US ships, but she's a happy ship, with amazing decor. If we had the time, we'd be thinking of booking her.
    Jo.
    Nice to hear some positive feedback. We tried NCL Jewel on a weekender a couple of years ago and weren't that keen but that was probably more to do with it being a short trip. We had said we wouldn't book NCL again but the prices are so good that I think we will give them a go in February on the Jade. The chance of a bit of winter sunshine is just too tempting! Also the very good solo fares make it cheap for my mum to join us too.

I was on a land vacation in Dubrovnik last month. Of all the tendering operations I saw, NCL Jade was by and far the best. I am seriously tempted by the low single supplement. Since then I have found a Celebrity sailing with a better itinerary - decisions, decisions and a low supplement too.

Images
    NCL chose to keep the ship away from the Us so they keep the option to go back to Hawaii.

TA Flight costs have really hit cruises, makes med cruises expensive for US people same for us going the other way.

NCL 2 dayers are very different, party and no time to try out the eating choices. also tend to get a lot of TAs which are not the best cruise pax when in groups and on a free/cheap ride inc drinks.

Thanks for the answer- I'd forgotten the reason. Jade is the only ship I've been on where I've met Americans working in the bars- very friendly, too- one kept giving us free tastes of wine so that we could choose unknown American brands. Selfishly, I hope Jade stays around Europe- it would be great if she returned to Southampton, which is where most of us tried her for the first time.
    Jo.