Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Just a thought but are you on good terms with the "inlaws" perhaps if you are you could all intervene " for the children"

Sadly unless the "grown ups" start talking and agreeing I doubt anything will get resolved in 9 days.
    Thankyou for trying to help but I am afraid it would be a non starter... If you met them you would understand. I have tried over the years to be friendly but to no avail. I would go and beg my daughter-in-law if I thought I could get through to her but she wouldn't even open the door to me. I am so upset for my son and grandchildren they were so excited when I saw them last week-end telling me how many sleeps till they left for Florida.

Images
    Marianne, has she given a reason for this change of mind? Do they have a mutual friend who could point out to her that what she is doing is cruel to the children? I swore I wouldn't get involved in my daughters break up a few years ago but on one occasion I was so upset at how she was being treated, that I did pick up the phone and speak to her ex, would you consider writing to her or is she just enjoying all the fuss?

I am really sorry to hear of your predicament and so sorry for your grandchildren..Carol

Images
    Thankyou for all replies, advise and good wishes.. my son has an appointment tomorrow with a solicitor, I am still hoping for a miracle and that my daughter-in -law has a change of heart or more likely when my granddaughter hears her mum has put a stop to her dream holiday she will talk her round herself .. we can but hope

Marianne, there clearly a lot of sympathy and support for you on this site. Please let us know how it is all resolved.

Eleanor, Rugby

Images
    Well I have good news to tell, when my D I L was threatened with being taken to court she has agreed to let the children go to Florida next week, it is such a relief I couldn't bear to see my son so upset and the Grandchildren would have been unconsolable. It is so cruel to use children in grown up battles.

So pleased with this outcome. Hope they all have a lovely time.

Great news Marianne. What a selfish b..ch hope she has learned her lesson. What a relief the kids and your son's holiday will go ahead.
    Trish

Images
    Thankyou both.. I doubt it Trish, she will be working on her next scheme to hurt my son..Twice she called off their wedding day in the last couple of weeks after everything had been booked and paid for so it was third time UNLUCKY as far as I am concerned, she even made the condition my eldest son and his family did not attend the wedding for it to go ahead the final time, even though his two daughters were supposed to be bridesmaids. Love really is blind but at last my son has woken up to her.

spite does dreadful things.

My ex sil packed the headlice lotion in the children's case one weekend with a note to say she hadn't had time to anoint them, but didn't bother to tell the children's dad the children were infested. He only found out AFTER they'd spent an afternoon playing with their cousins

Meg

Oh my goodness. My son hasn't settled down with anyone yet but this would be my worst nightmare. Marrianne this woman sounds really crazy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast