Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: MSC Musica

We are flying into Venice and embarking at Venice so here's hoping. It's the flight back I am concerned about because of leaving Venice in the morning and not leaving Bologna until evening. Sounds like we are in for a fun time

Yes, sorry I dont mean to put you off. But forewarned is forearmed. Not my favourite Cruise Line but if the itinerary is good then they are great value for money.

Too late we are going in 3 weeks. Wish us luck!!!!!

The good news is - I've just looked on the MSC cruises web site and looked up the excursions for Venice. There are about four listed, most of which you have the option of taking as a Debarking Guest. Look at the small print at the end of each tour description. Looks like you have a reasonable choice there to kill some time.

We do have a brilliant itinerary Venice Athens Dubovonik Mikonos Santorini Corfu Bali so hopefully once we are all board we will be able to get on with things. We have booked a drinks package for mealtimes. I know they charge for everything on this cruise but we did not pay a lot to begin with so we will have to see if things level out. I think as far as I can remember that a coach takes us from Venice to Bologna for the return trip so it's there we we have to see if we can take a tour to fill the day. My OH will not be too impressed just sitting at the airport!!!

Images
    Have you thought about a hotel for the day, sometime you caan do that especially if one is at the Airport or near.
    Also , some of the cruise lines are now offering late departures where you pay for the day about $30

Have a great trip, do hope all works out for you both. Let us know

Rob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2015 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Thanks for replying to my message. We have to go on the transfer from the Ship to Bologna as it has all been arranged but your idea of going to a hotel or somewhere nearby sounds good. Even if we just to a hotel for lunch it will at least take the strain out of sitting in the airport. Despite some the negative comments we will go with the flow and hopefully have a good time. We are off next Saturday so will post comments on the trip.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Has anyone been on this ship this year. Cruise Venice and the Greek Islands. Concerned about the last day when the ship docks early and you have to be off the ship early in Venice. Flying home in the evening from Bologna where we are taken after the cruise - What happens during that day?
    Did this trip last year, but flew from Marco Polo, I guess you will be taken straignt from the ship to Bologna ( this happened to me when we did Genoa via Milan airport) and left to amuse yourself at the airport. They will probably advertise a half day trip around Venice ending at the airport. This has happened three times we sailed from Venice. Every time the trip was cancelled for "Lack Of Interest".

Had you been going from Marco Polo there is a secure lock up facility (3 per case) at the port with free shuttle bus to the bus station from where you can get on the water buses. If you do use Venice (for any cruise line) again DIY your own flights to/from Marco Polo and use the D2 bus (3 single fare ) combined with the free shuttle bus to/from the ship to the Bus station. I think you'll need a good long book or an IPod with loads of music to while away the hours.

Pete

Pete

If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Surprise, surprise everyone. We went on our MSC Musica cruise 12th September. First impressions of the ship - splendid. Embarkation no problem at all. Rep was at Marco Polo Airport directed us to transfers. Coach was waiting for all the passengers taken to the port. We have already done express check-in on the internet. Luggage taken away from us on arrival. Everything organised, small wait at security and we were on the ship in no-time. Cabin really nice. First night dinner a bit busy. We had actually booked 2nd sitting but we were booked on lst which was better as this was not until 7 and late sitting at 9 which was too late. Could not fault the service we had 2 waiter/waitresses on our table and they could not do enough. Wine waiting for us on the table plus water every night. I have to add we bought the drinks with meals package and it saved us a fortune. The excursions I have to say were well organised. We had no problems and as for the price they were as good as any ship if not far cheaper than the American ships. Well put it this was we had 4 excursions at about 140 euros each which in my opinion was really good. OK you can do it cheaper if you do if yourself but we need to relax just get off the ship on board a coach and taken to places as we are not too organised on doing things ourselves. Two people who were on our table did things themselves and did very well so it to everyone's taste. I could go into detail about every aspect of the the ship. OK the food was not al la carte but plenty of choices at either the buffet or the restaurant. Those who stated they were hungry no way maybe they were fussy eaters. Loads of food. Entertainment was good. People on all the forums seemed to complain about the charges. On all the ships there are 15% added on drinks. OK you have to pay for tea and coffee. Yes there was a gratuities charge but if you are not happy make an appointment with the Guest Relations Manager relay your objections to paying it and you will be happy with the outcome. In all fairness we could not fault the cruise. Obviously everyone has their own opinion but in ours we will definately travel with them again. The only thing is we would book our own flights and transfers because we could have gone from our local airport and stayed the night in Venice instead of Gatwick and travelled back to our local airport and not Gatwick which made the journey home hard going. So there we are try it if you don't like it don't go again but we found it great value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12